About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, May 14, 2007
Weekend Come and Gone...
Even though my husband had to leave at the end of it, I am so glad this weekend is over. Maybe we can get back to something resembling a normal life again. I told you in my last post about how busy this last week/weekend was going to be and it lived up to every single one of my expectations.
On the upside, I won 4 tickets to next Sunday's Indians game at work, I also won $65 gift certificate on the radio (be the 10th caller) for Deep Discount DVD.com. I won a book light for a Harry Potter trivia contest, a great Opus and Bill the Cat drawing on a silent auction. We are still waiting to hear the results of the department decorating contest and the scavenger hunt. I also got a Panera's gift certificate, a Border's Gift certificate, and Spiderman 2.1 (I love Doc Ock) DVD for Mother's Day.
Mother's Day brunch went fine. I kept my cool with the help of some self prescribed "anti-anxiety" medication and 4 Mimosas at the restaurant. The food was outstanding.
My aunt's memorial service was ok. The memorial service, in my opinion, was more for the church (she was a minister) than for the family. The part that really got me though was at the end there was to be a lone bagpiper playing Amazing Grace. He did a good job until that one really high note (Saved a wretch like meeeee) he could not hit that note. It sounded like he was strangling a cat in the choir loft. Instead of the solemn dignity my uncle was striving for it was more a wincing/chuckle induced moment. Oh-well, my aunt would have gotten a chuckle out of it.
But it's now back to something resembling a normal life. :::sigh::: Thank Goodness...
posted by Raven @ 6:22 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At May 14, 2007 7:48 AM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Sounds like it's a good time for you to buy a lottery ticket. Cheers!!

     
  • At May 14, 2007 9:46 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Matt - I usually go in on the office pool, if for no other reason than if they win I don't want to be the only one left at work. I think you're right though and I'll pick up on for myslef this week. It couldn't hurt.

     
  • At May 14, 2007 10:49 AM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    Wow, you are on a winning roll. You need to fly to Vegas or Atlantic city right away.

    Put the house payment down on red33, remember you heard it here first!

     
  • At May 14, 2007 8:57 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Sorry Sky, I'm not flying anywhere for the moment. But I will remember that the next time I go gambling.

     
  • At May 16, 2007 3:37 PM, Blogger bubbles said…

    Normal routines are a welcome change when things get crazy, aren't they?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home