About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
How do I Love Thee
::::Warning:::: This is a sappy post. If you don't like mushy things, if you like to kick puppies and take candy from babies...or if you have diabetes, this is not the post for you. You have been warned.

I realized tonight, as I was reading my book called The Honeymoon is Over, that I have not written a post about hubby lately. He is still doing the Albany thing, driving in every Monday morning (if you call 1am morning) and the coming home on Thursday nights.

He works hard and tries to take good care of his family. I say try because when he tries to take care of me, I get a little cranky at times. He is sweet and loving. He helps buffer me from my mother without a single complaint.

He understands my need for a night out and trusts me. He spoils me rotten and tries to surprise me with gifts he knows I'll love. He is wonderful with the kids and makes sure they all feel loved and needed.

He worries about me when I don't feel good, or if I try putting off an appointment for something. He cooks for us when he is home because he knows I hate doing it, he also grocery shops for the same reason.
He puts up with PMS, ADD, occasional OCD and just plain bitchiness from time to time. He will wait for me to realize what I have said or done and to apologize. He accepts the apology with grace and love and never throws the stupid crap I do back up at me.

He's a genuinely good man. How I ended up with him, I have no clue. I'm hoping he is my payback for dealing with my asshole ex-husband, and then all those years living back in home after the divorce.

What I'm really hoping is that I'm not his penance for something!!


posted by Raven @ 10:59 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At April 18, 2007 10:32 AM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    It's not sappy, it's beautiful. He is lucky to have you.

     
  • At April 18, 2007 10:25 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Thank you! He is the other half of me.

     
  • At April 20, 2007 2:57 AM, Blogger bubbles said…

    Know what? To be able to write something like that and really mean it is truly wonderful! I'm glad to know it is out there. Congratulations.

     
  • At April 20, 2007 10:24 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Anon - It's out there...I looked long and hard...went on several horrible dates...I finally found him when I quit looking. I was giving up on the male side of the population...and there he was.

     
  • At April 20, 2007 11:55 AM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    And I bet he feels the same as about you Raven. Have a good weekend and Cheers!!

     
  • At April 20, 2007 5:02 PM, Blogger devilishsouthernbelle.net said…

    Hey! Just found you on the Housewife Mafia ring list....I feel like a married single mom as well, since my husband works nights and then spends all weekend on his computer. Love your blog design!

     
  • At April 21, 2007 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    mushy.

     
  • At April 23, 2007 10:08 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Matt-He does...he knows I'll pull out all his grey chest hairs if he doesn't ;-)

    dsb-Welcome! Being married and a single mom is both a pain and fun at the same time. My husband likes to play Civ IV on the weekends...he falls into some kind of time warp when he plays that game.

    Orange-Yes, it's mushy. I put a warning on it so you have no room to grumble.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home