About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Tuesday, May 01, 2007
I guess I'm not destined to be the mother of a doctor.
Only one of my kids has shown any real interest in the sciences. This week thought, proved she is not going to go into anything related to medicine...or Forensic sciences for that matter.
Dippy Daughter is in Honors Biology. She fainted in class yesterday, during dissections. Guess what they were dissecting...

Come on, take a guess....

An earthworm...

Gods help her when they move on to the fetal pig.
posted by Raven @ 10:20 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At May 02, 2007 11:58 AM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    We never got to work on a pig, only a frog. I feel slightly betrayed be life.

     
  • At May 02, 2007 12:06 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Ick in high school we did the worm and a frog. In college I would have dissected a pig in Biology II but instead I took Astronomy to avoid it.

     
  • At May 03, 2007 1:20 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Tell her, "It's okay, they regenerate."

     
  • At May 03, 2007 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    an earthworm??

    Well, they ARE a bit gross n' squiggly... Maybe something with more human-like structures (heart, lungs, guts) might be less weird; after all, we EAT pigs all the time and very few of us munch down on worms.

     
  • At May 03, 2007 4:20 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Matt - I don't think this one was going to regenerate...she says they soaked them too long and the guts sort of squished out.

    Orange - Ewwwww....TMI TMI

     
Post a Comment
<< Home