About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
They Canceled it!
CBS Canceled Jericho. I am very displeased! I don't watch much TV but this is one of my favorite shows. They cancelled it without warning on a huge cliff hanger!
And what are they replacing it with you might ask...well here is a little run down
"Swingtown," will start in midseason and run uninterrupted until the end of the season. The series is set in the shag-carpeted 1970s, with Chicago-area couples navigating the sexual freedom of the era....can you say ick! I don't think this will go anywhere! The only way this would work is on cable where they can show some tits and ass and more graphic language than you get on CBS.

"Moonlight" is about a modern-day vampire who tries to help humans. Can you say Angel makeover?
The new "Cane" stars Jimmy Smits as the patriarch of a Cuban-American family running a sugar business in Florida. No thanks, I didn't even like him on NYPD Blue.

"Kid Nation" is a reality show made by the people behind "Extreme Makeover," about kids setting up their own society in an abandoned New Mexico town. Has anyone called social services on this one? If we abandon our kids without cameras around we get hauled into court, do it on national TV and it's the next big reality show.

With Jericho you had to actually think, put things together wonder about the morality of situations. Guess that was too much the execs at CBS.

If you would like to be kind, please sign this petition. At the time of this posting there are 15,550 signatures.
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?09272006&1

Thanks!

posted by Raven @ 7:10 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At May 16, 2007 9:09 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    NBC canceled Studio 60 also, bummer!

     
  • At May 16, 2007 9:38 PM, Blogger Professor Howdy said…

    .

    If I could speak in any
    language in heaven or
    on earth but didn't love
    others, I would only be
    making meaningless noise
    like a loud gong or a
    clanging cymbal. If I
    had the gift of prophecy,
    and if I knew all the
    mysteries of the future
    and knew everything
    about everything, but
    didn't love others, what
    good would I be? And
    if I had the gift of faith
    so that I could speak
    to a mountain and make
    it move, without love
    I would be no good to
    anybody. If I gave
    everything I have to
    the poor and even
    sacrificed my body,
    I could boast about it;
    but if I didn't love others,
    I would be of no value
    whatsoever. Love is
    patient and kind. Love
    is not jealous or boastful
    or proud or rude. Love
    does not demand its
    own way. Love is not
    irritable, and it keeps
    no record of when it
    has been wronged.
    It is never glad about
    injustice but rejoices
    whenever the truth
    wins out. Love never
    gives up, never loses
    faith, is always hopeful,
    and endures through
    every circumstance.

    May You Always
    Experience This
    Kind Of Love,
    Dr. Howdy

     
  • At May 17, 2007 1:40 PM, Blogger b.kiddo said…

    I heard it was being dropped. I got pissed too. What about the nine? That was said to be the best show. cliffhanger there too. six degrees of separation! so sad

     
  • At May 17, 2007 1:45 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    They should hire Professor Howdy...

     
  • At May 18, 2007 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know anything about this show but I'll sign the petition simply because I like the anarchy it creates. AND because the other possible shows are so astonishingly DUMB as to be indescribable.

     
  • At May 18, 2007 3:21 PM, Blogger 10,000 Spoons said…

    HA! it's up to 44,472, now!!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home