About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Tuesday, March 20, 2007
I stole this off of Orange's Blog. While mine is not as entertaining/scary as his I needed something to kill time at work today.

01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink?
Yes, at the Irish Heritage Club Pub. Fortunately there were only 2 other people in the pub at the time.
02. Swam with wild dolphins?
Have you people not seen JAWS? No friggin way.
03. Climbed a mountain?
Nope
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive?
Yeah right...I feel weird riding in anything that doesn't have 4 doors and can accommodate several children. I think I've been living in suburbia too long.
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid?
Not yet.
06. Held a tarantula?
Yes, when I was little a relative had one as a pet.
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone?
On my honeymoon
08. Said “I love you” and meant it?
Considering I'm married I better have.
09. Hugged a tree?
Yes, when I was too drunk to stand up on my own.
10. Bungee jumped?
Good Gods No, I hate heights.
11. Visited Paris?
Not yet, though one child is going this summer.
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea?
No, I have while standing on the shore.
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise?
Yep, not because I wanted too though. Usually I was working the night before.
14. Seen the Northern Lights?
Nope, not the ones in the sky or the dope ones that Orange talks about.
15. Gone to a huge sports game?
Fucking football in this small town is becoming a huge deal...you have to buy season passes now to actually get a seat on the home side or show up 2 hours before the game on the visitors side. So I would say YES!
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa?
Nope, not yet.
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables?
Yes, Potatoes and tomatoes.
18. Touched an iceberg?
Not yet.
19. Slept under the stars?
Yes, though it's been awhile.
20. Changed a baby’s diaper?
Yes, both my own babies and several I have babysat over the years...and I will again if my sister ever decides to have a kid!!
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon?
Yes, I have been on a hot air balloon and run chase crew for one. It's a blast.
22. Watched a meteor shower?
Yes, laying on my back at Huntington park and watching the sky. It was amazing.
23. Gotten drunk on champagne?
Yep, the day my divorce became final with my friend Steve.
24. Given more than you can afford to charity?
Once...sort of. They were doing a Bone Marrow screening for a child and they were taking donations. At the point in time I was living on $400 a month and going to school. I had $10 to last a week (including gas to get back and forth school) It didn't feel right not to give anything so I gave them $2. I immediately went home and cleaned out my car and looked under cushions for spare change.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope?
Yes. My sister's father in law has a huge one that he set up when we were over at their house once. It was unbelievable.
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment?
Yes. We took my folks down to the train station at 2am. When we were on our way home we were stopped by the Rocky River police to tell us that both tail lights were out. He was very nice and let us go on our way. 3 miles down the road we got stopped by the Bay Village police for the same reason. I could not stop giggling. I'm sure the cop thought I had been drinking and all I wanted to do was get home and go back to bed.
27. Had a food fight? Yes, at a restaurant back in high school. Orange was there too. So he avoided this question. It was a small fight mainly confined to our table and the floor surrounding it.
28. Bet on a winning horse?
No, I've never been to a horse race.
29. Asked out a stranger?
Eeekkk...no. Even now I'm way too shy for that.
30. Had a snowball fight?
I have 5 kids...when it snows I'm lucky to be able to get to work without a snowball fight erupting.
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can?
Yes...and paid for it with a sore throat afterwards.
32. Held a lamb?
No, lots of other baby animals though.
33. Seen a total eclipse?
Solar yes, lunar no.
34. Ridden a roller coaster topless?
Hahahaha...no I don't want to scare small children.
35. Hit a home run?
Nope
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking?
Yep, I just like to dance.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day?
Nope
(Hey Orange what happened to 38??)
39. Had two hard drives for your computer?
Nope, I don't even have a flash drive.
40. Visited all 50 states?
Not yet, I'm up to 27 including Washington DC
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk?
Yeah, my husband a couple of times...just get him home and pour him into bed. And a couple of people when I was in the military.
42. Had amazing friends?
Of course...Orange being one of them.
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country?
Nope.
(44?? Orange, I'm starting to feel cheated here)
45. Stolen a sign?
No, but I found some in my garage when we moved into our house.
(46?? Jeeze, where the hell did you steal this from Orange?)
47. Taken a road-trip?
Too many as a child and with my ex-husband. Not enough with my current husband. We plan on taking several once the kids grow up.
48. Gone rock climbing?
Yes, believe it or not the day after prom a bunch of us went to a park that has several rock climbs on the trails.
49. Midnight walk on the beach?
No, I prefer to be sleeping at midnight since I normally wake up around 6am.
50. Gone sky diving?
Not yet, but that's one of the things on my list of things to do before I die.
51. Visited Ireland?
Not yet.
(52?? Orange???)
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them?
Not really, though we did eat at a Hibachi place and a bunch of people sit at one table.
54. Visited Japan?
Not yet, though youngest daughter is considering it for a trip.
55. Milked a cow?
No, a goat, yes.
56. Alphabetized your CDs?
No, DVD's yes...that was a hell of a job. Trying to get them into books in alphabetical order. Just to have the kids come through and mess them all up.
57. Pretended to be a superhero?
Just when I was a kid.
58. Sung karaoke?
No, I barely sing Happy Birthday to family members...much less in front of a drunken audience.
59. Lounged around in bed all day?
Oooohhhh yeah. Both with and without a partner.
60. Played touch football?
Yeah, it was a blast. One team with 3 girls and the other team scared they would hurt us. We won hands down.
61. Gone scuba diving?
Nope and I probably won't, I don't like water that much. Also...JAWS!!!
(62? Can I assume this was a reference to another country Orange?)
63. Played in the mud?
When I was a kid
64. Played in the rain?
Yes, still do during the summer.
65. Gone to a drive-in theater?
Yeah, we try to go once a summer.
66. Visited the Great Wall of China?
No. (Orange you missed one)
67. Started a business?
My husband has one, I didn't start it but I do everything else.
(68??? I was really cheated on this meme)
69. Toured ancient sites
Not ancient...revolutionary and civil war sites.
70. Taken a martial arts class?
Nah...
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight?
Never played at all much less for 6 hours.
72. Gotten married and almost immediately regretted it?
No comment beyond youth excuses quite a lot.
73. Been in an X-rated movie?
Nope.
74. Crashed a party?
Yep...had a blast too.
(75???)
76. Gone without food for 5 days?
I don't think so...Even sick I manage to choke down something.
77. Made cookies from scratch?
Every year at Christmas and cakes every birthday!
78. Won first prize in a costume contest?
No, though I have had my body painted...thanks to one boyfriend who was an artist.
(79???)
80. Gotten a tattoo
Yep, puckered lips on my butt cheek!!
(81???)
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”?
Hahahaha...no
(83???)
84. Performed on stage drunk?
Eeeakkk! No.
85. Been to Las Vegas?
Oh yeah, for my sister's wedding. What a blast, I hardly slept and drank like a fish.
86. Recorded music?
Other people's sure...lots of times.
87. Eaten shark?
No, I don't really like seafood.
(88 and 89?? What a rip off)
90. Bought a house
Yep, and old one...
91. Been in a combat zone?
Does my house before my divorce count?
92. Buried one/both of your parents?
Not yet, but they don't start taking care of themselves I'm sure it will be soon.
(93??)
94. Spoken more than one language fluently
Does pig Latin count?
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
I wish...
(96???)
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
No, but I am driving down to Pittsburgh this summer to go to a Jimmy Buffet Concert.
98. There is no question #98. well, of course not. Nor does anyone expect the Spanish Inquisition
Orange only missed this question...see above for all the ones I noticed.
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country?
Nope, the only foreign country I've been to is Canada. Not very exotic.
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over?
Not really.
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge?
Never been to California
102. much too fucking stupid.
Agreed
103. Had plastic surgery?
Not yet...maybe sometime in the future.
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived?
I've had several accidents...only one where they said if I hadn't been wearing my seatbelt I would have been seriously hurt or killed.
105. Wrote articles for a large publication?
Not a large publication...just a local independent newspaper.
106. Lost 100 pounds?
No, I lost 40lbs.
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback?
Nope.
108. Piloted an airplane?
Ahhhh, no I like life. I'm too much of a klutz to be trusted with something like that.
109. Touched a stingray?
Yes, oddly enough at the zoo, the same weekend that Steve Irwin died.
(110 & 111???)
112. Won money on a T.V. game show?
I've won several gift certificates and other things on the radio.
113. Broken a bone?
Just a finger when someone was trying to swat my ass.
(114???)
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears?
Nope
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol?
Yes to all of them. It's been several years though.
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild?
No, I don't care for mushrooms.
118. Ridden a horse?
Yes, several years ago. Youngest daughter takes riding lessons though.
119. Had major surgery?
Ummm, a C-section was about the most major. The rest were pretty minor.
120. Had a snake as a pet?
NO! Youngest daughter keeps asking though.
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon?
No, it was August when we were there...too hot for that shit.
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours?
Yes, when I've been ill.
(123, 124, 125??? It's getting worse!)
126. Eaten kangaroo meat?
No...poor thing.
127. Eaten sushi?
No, Again seafood...ick
128. Had your picture in the newspaper?
Yes, a few different time...mainly when I was a kid.
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about?
No, I don't really try. I figure it's their right to have a different opinion than me.
130. Gone back to school?
Several different times. For my AA, break a couple years, BA then right into my MBA.
131. Parasailed?
Nope, again on that list of things to do before I die.
132. Touched a cockroach?
Just with the bottom of my shoe.
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes?
Nope
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey?
Required reading in school
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school?
Not really...
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating?
No, as far as I'm concerned those chicken breasts were born in that plastic packaging.
137. Skipped all your school reunions?
There's only been one so far and I did skip it. I didn't want to go alone and hubby (the fiance) was still kind of self conscience about the age difference.
(138???)
139. Been elected to public office
Blahhh...no. The only one I ever considered was the school board and since my kids only have a few years left I'm not going to bother.
(140??)
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream?
Yeah, my dream is just for a loving family...got it.
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care?
My father in law was in one for about 12 hours before he died.
143. Built your own PC?
Nope
(144???)
145. Had a kissing booth at a street fair?
I live in Uptight Ohio...they don't do street fairs here.
146. Dyed your hair?
All the time...I get bored with it. Right now it's a red...REALLY red.
147. Been a DJ?
No
148. Shaved your head?
I don't get that bored with my hair.
149. Caused a car accident?
Who me??
150. Saved someone’s life?
Hubby says I saved him...other than that...I don't think so.

All told this thing is missing 23 questions...I think I want a refund!
posted by Raven @ 9:17 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At March 21, 2007 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    remember, all questions with an overly romantic tone were removed, as well as any specific references to places you've visited.

     
  • At February 17, 2010 3:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    buy bactrim without prescription buy bactrim f buy bactrim online buy bactrim es online without prescription buy bactrim buy bactrim without a prescription overnight
    [url=http://bactrim.eventbrite.com/]buy bactrim without prescription [/url]
    buy bactrim es online without prescription
    glucophage side effects side effects of glucophage glucophage 500mg glucophage metformin glucophage lungs glucophage in poly cystic ovarian syndrome glucophage odor cause
    [url=http://takeglucophage.eventbrite.com/]glucophage xr [/url]
    glucophage kidney pain
    painful erection proscar buy proscar online proscar canine generic proscar cheap affect proscar side finasteride proscar canine proscar
    [url=http://proscar.eventbrite.com/]proscar symptoms [/url]
    proscar symptoms
    buy levitra online levitra dangers levitra prescribing levitra side effects key buy-levitra male impotence impotence solutions
    [url=http://virb.com/yalevi]buy levetra [/url]
    levitra buy
    zithromax z pack prescription zithromax zithromax suspension gonorrhea antibiotics zithromax urinary tract infection zithromax without generic zithromax 500mg
    [url=http://virb.com/bono]zithromax medicine [/url]
    buy azithromycin zithromax
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    [url=http://fotak.ru/stats.php?r=marriedsinglemom.blogspot.com]my blog[/url]
    blog my

     
Post a Comment
<< Home