About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, March 12, 2007
I have to get back into the swing of things!
I've just been so busy lately!

Work is actually the most downtime I have.

In 10 days I am going to be going to a tradeshow down in Orlando...now before those of you in Florida get excited...I am trying like hell to find a little free time to go out...but it's going to be nuts! The team I'm working with leaves their hotel rooms at 6am, they get back at 9pm. Now because my boss wants me to get a promotion at work he's pushing me to go out beyond that with the people in his group. That means I probably won't get in until close to midnight ot so. I need at least an hour and a half to wake up in the mornings and it takes me at least a half hour to fall asleep no matter how tired I am. That leaves me with 4 hours sleep for 4 nights. Grooooaaan! I've already bought a very nice supply of 357 Magnum caffine pills. I will probably be living on those.

Hubby is a little annoyed with me at the moment. We needed a new suitcase, a big one. I have a ton of stuff to pack for this trip including my electric teapot (making hot water in those coffee makers in the room just takes way too long), tea, Splenda, Fabreeze, several pairs of shoes and clothing for several different functions. Well, I went and bought one today. I got it at Marshalls, a very good price. It is huge and I love it. When it comes off the plane onto the conveyer belt I will know that it is mine. I brought it home and showed it to hubby. He takes one look at it and shouts, "It's purple!" It is not purple, it's a very soft cranberry color. Needless to say I am longer allowed to buy luggage.

Mandy was on crutches all weekend. She went through the entire last summer and cross country season without injury (unlike most of her teammates...nutty coach) I warn her there is ice outside and what does she do, fall down in the driveway while walking the dog. The doctor says it's some tendon damage and wanted to to rest it all weekend. No walking without crutches. It was kind of fun calling her gimp all weekend. She got pretty good at defending herself with those crutches though!

Tomorrow Jimmy Buffett tickets go on sale tomorrow. The concert just happens to be on Hubby and my anniversary weekend. So I have been organizing that trip as well!

I am also trying to mentally prepare myself for this upcoming weekend...it's St. Patty's day and I am volunteer bartending at the Irish Heritage Club. I tried to warn them that I know nothing about bartending, and even less about drinking. I like my wine and occassional beer at a cookout...but that's it. They keep telling me I will be fine. Yeah...right...my only hope that everyone that comes in will already be trashed.

Well, I think that's it for the moment. I need to go to bed. I stayed up tonight to talk to hubby before he left for Albany, which he has done, so I need to get some sleep.



posted by Raven @ 12:21 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At March 12, 2007 12:10 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Well try to have a good time in Florida anyway Raven. I am headed to D.C. next Thursday for a wedding. Love the JB-Man I was playing a greatest hits CD of his this weekend. Cheers!!

     
  • At March 13, 2007 6:34 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    I'm plnning on having a blast in Florida...I'm just hoping I'll be awake enough to remember it.
    I like JB music...my husband is a huge parrott head though so it should be a great weekend trip.
    Have a great trip to DC. It's been years since I've been there but I loved it every time.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home