About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Friday, March 16, 2007
Lazy??
Who worked at least 30 hours a week and went to high school...I did.
Who worked 40 hours a week and got both a Bachelors and Masters degree...I did.

While working and studying who also raised two children, housework, dealt with husband out of town, and got a second job...I did.

Who volunteers to help when ever asked...I do.

Who goes to all of my kids and step kids school functions (ALL OF THEM)...I do.

Who bakes every holiday and gives you food so you don't have to bake...I do.

Who runs the kids all over town for various functions and events...I do.

If that's lazy, then I'm guilty.


Since I can't ask you these questions without you causing a scene, I guess I'm stuck venting here.
I apologize to the rest of you who had to read through this rant.


Labels:

posted by Raven @ 11:31 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At March 16, 2007 2:51 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Rant away Raven. Althoug I am not nearly that busy, I did work 30 hours a week while in High School as well. Hell back then I was comparitively wealthy. Cheers!!

     
  • At March 16, 2007 8:58 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Thanks Matt...working a minimum wage job in high school for anything over 10 hours a week made you virtual millionaire among friends. Though I think I still owe Orange money for gas from 1985 through 87.

     
  • At March 17, 2007 5:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i'm a tired advocate for children's rights, does that count??

     
  • At March 20, 2007 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd say something, but I'm too lazy right now. Damn my eyes! (too late!)

     
  • At April 13, 2007 10:49 PM, Blogger bubbles said…

    First, I'm a single mom and I don't work outside the home... so you are my hero in a HUGE way.

    Second, being married and a single mom (I get it, the travel) is even more admirable. I say that because you still have someone else involved in running the show. That's tough, no matter how wonderful he is.

    From one lazy person to another, cheers!

     
  • At April 17, 2007 10:22 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Anon - Hubby isn't the problem...well he does cause problems but not huge one's. And he doesn't call me lazy (he called me a soccer mom though and that caused me to go out and get my hair dyed punk red!) It's my mom who called me lazy...and not to my face but to one of my kids. That's what caused the rant.
    Thanks for the comment...stop by anytime!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home