About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, August 20, 2007
Planning my Demise
So, what are you planning over Labor Day Weekend? Me? Well, I'm planning on driving to another state and slowly killing myself. I'm trying to figure out why I thought this would be fun...but the trip has been paid for and I am now locked into going.

How am I going to meet my demise you may ask...badly I'm sure. With much moaning and whimpering. If I'm lucky I'll go quickly on an overdose of wine and aspirin.

The girls and I are going white water rafting and horse back riding on Saturday and Sunday or Labor Day Weekend. I have a fear of water, but I think I will be OK because the give you these ginourmous life vests. What I really think will kill me is my poor out of shape body screaming in protest at the abuse I am going to heap upon it. Then I am expected to drive home 5 hours on Monday. I told the girls we will be holding rock/paper/scissor tournaments to see who gets to untwist Mom from around the steering wheel every hour or so and make her walk.

I wonder if the people at the rafting place would give me back my deposit if I claimed another, more in shape, personality made the reservation? Somehow...I doubt it.

posted by Raven @ 4:57 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At August 20, 2007 5:48 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    You are going to love rafting! It is the most fun ever!

     
  • At August 21, 2007 12:18 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Raven, I love the title of the post and dear God I feel your upcoming pain. Have fun anyway and Cheers!!

     
  • At August 22, 2007 10:00 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Sky - I hope that's true. It's on my list of things to do before I die and hubby has no desire to do it. He and my son are going golfing that weekend with my hubby;s brothers. So I figured it was the perfect chance...may the gods save me from my own lunacy!

    Matt - Thanks...I'm really hoping it's not a self fulfilling prophecy.

     
  • At August 29, 2007 12:16 AM, Blogger bubbles said…

    I have not rafted in a "real" racing rapid, so I shouldn't even comment.

    I'll tell you though, some of the best fun I ever had was rafting in Northern Wisconsin... hours of drifting and drinking our beverages, interrupted by moments of great excitement. (I was too young to know the feeling call "terror" yet!)

    You will have fun, and better yet, your kids will remember you doing it forever!!

     
  • At August 29, 2007 7:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    at least you'll go quickly. some of us are slowly killing ourselves...

    ---B.O.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home