About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Sunday, June 24, 2007
Back from Pittsburg and the Jimmy Buffett Concert!
Hubby and my anniversary is today. We went down to Pittsburgh yesterday afternoon, checked into the Radisson in Green Tree and then went to see Jimmy Buffett at the Post Gazette Pavilion.
What a concert! There were people there who spent all day tailgating. There were Young people, old people, middle age people...all in Hawaiian shirts. I could not believe the crowd!
Jimmy looked like he was having a ball playing for all of us. The music was just outstanding.
A few tips for people who are going to see Jimmy at the Post Gazette Pavilion in Pittsburgh next year.
1. Go early. The people watching is the most fun I've had in years while watching my fellow human beings.
2. Get as creative as you possibly can with what you wear. Women in grass skirts, guys in coconut bras are nothing here. I saw a couple of guys with cardboard hulas girls draped around their necks, a guy with a multi-color polyester lei to look like pot leaves, and a parade through the lawn section of various superheros to include spiderman, superman, flash, and captain america.
3. Bring cash...the atm machine sucks
4. If you are on the lawn section, sit near the top of the hill. You can hear everything, see pretty well, plus they have large screen that show other things happening on the stage. Plus it makes it much easier to get out of the park once it's all over.
5. When going to the park, follow the signs on the highway not the directions on their web site. Hubby and I saved sitting in traffic for 2 hours that way. The traffic was backed up for miles on the highway just trying to get off at the exit mentioned on the web site. Following the signs is a little more confusing but much better at getting you there quickly.
6. Don't bother with the port-a-potties. If you can make it to the end of the concert right on the other side of the parking lot are woods. I saw at least 3 dozed people heading for those...I also saw more guys asses at one time than I have since the Spencer Tunick photo shoot here in Cleveland.
7. Splurge on the extra shot in the margaritas...it was soooo worth it.
8. Bring a blanket but don't bother with chairs on the lawn section. Once the music starts...no one is sitting.
9. Don't try to take a drink out to the parking lot with you. Security really gets cranky about that (and no it wasn't me...I saw it with a couple of other people.)
10. It was the nicest concert I've ever been too. Everyone was in a good mood, no one got upset about spilled drinks, stepped on toes or slightly trampled blankets. Go with a great attitude and you will have an amazing time!
posted by Raven @ 8:38 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At June 25, 2007 1:00 AM, Blogger bubbles said…

    Happy Anniversary!!!

    Years, and years, and years ago, Mr. Ex and I got tickets to Jimmy Buffett when we lived in Chicago (pre-kids, so well over 15 years ago!)

    The tickets were a gift from a boss of a boss, or whatever.

    Mr. Ex and I did not know much of his music except Margaritaville... so it was an intersting concert for us. I would have preferred the lawn, cause my ears are sensitive and it seemed so darn loud. (Am I just an old soul?)

    Fun, tho!

     
  • At June 25, 2007 12:05 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    He probably didnt play it but my fave Buffett song is "Captain and the Kid". Hope you had a great time Raven. Cheers!!

     
  • At June 25, 2007 12:47 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    Buffett concerts are wonderful, happy anniversary to you two!

     
  • At June 25, 2007 11:23 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Bubbles - No part of you is old...it just means you have sensitive ears and should move to the party at the back of the crowd!
    Matt - I don't remember that one...though they did play a pirate song. I think I was snogging with hubby at that point though.
    Sky - This was my first one and I am totally hooked on going to more.

    Thanks to all for th well wishes. Hubby and I had a great time and are looking forward to many more years together.

     
  • At July 06, 2007 1:58 PM, Blogger Lisa Ryan said…

    Hi Raven, found my way here via matt-man's blog. We have been talking about seeing Jimmy Buffett, thanks for the tips, sounds like a blast! and happy anniversary. :-)

     
  • At April 01, 2010 6:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not sure where to post this but I wanted to ask if anyone has heard of National Clicks?

    Can someone help me find it?

    Overheard some co-workers talking about it all week but didn't have time to ask so I thought I would post it here to see if someone could help me out.

    Seems to be getting alot of buzz right now.

    Thanks

     
Post a Comment
<< Home