About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Thursday, July 12, 2007
Escaping the Nest
What a difference 2 years make! I wrote this post (click here) back in the summer of 2005.
Today Mandy left for Spain and France. I thought she was going to explode with excitement before she got on the plane. She was a little sad because she would miss us, but mainly she just wanted to get started on the trip.
I've very proud of my little chickie...growing up and testing her wings for leaving the nest. On the other hand, I feeling a little sad. She's growing up and will, somtime in the next few years, leave me completely.
I'm also feeling a little old. I know I'm one of the youngest mother's in her class, but still...the kids is growing up and that means time is passing for me as well.
Oh well, Mandy will have a blast on this trip. She is going to Madrid, Barcelona, Provence, Cote d'Azur, Monoco, and Paris. (sigh) My daughter and my luggage have been place I've only dreamed about.


PS Laura (Goth Girl) thinks I'm being silly getting so misty eyed about them growing up. I told she thinks this is bad, just wait until she starts high school this fall, I'm going to be a mess.
posted by Raven @ 10:12 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At July 13, 2007 1:06 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Ha...My son left for two weeks to spend time with his Aunt and Uncle and their two kids. While not the same as your little one going overseas, I'll miss him.

    I do like the fact that although only 12, he has no fear and wants to get out there and spread his wings. Cheers Raven!!

     
  • At July 13, 2007 2:31 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    Great trip planned, I hope it all goes well and she brings back plenty of pictures to share.

     
  • At July 13, 2007 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel somewhat the same way: my eldest daughter has been to England twice and Central America. My two younger children have been to Switzerland and France. I've been to Canada.

    Of course, I've lived in NC, PA and now FLA, so maybe that counts for something? What the hell are we doing wrong that we're not getting out more, I wonder??

    Oh, you'll have to come down sometime-- we found a house for rent that we really dig and it'll actually be large enuff for company.

     
  • At July 15, 2007 1:03 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Matt - I got choked up when the kids went to camp the first time, then with my folks on vacation. I think what gets me so badly about this trip is that she is completely out of my circle. Not in my state, country, or with relatives.
    Sky - She wrote mr an email and let me know she's already taken a ton of pictures.
    Orange - Someday when we are little old people, we will have to take a trip somewhere.

     
  • At July 16, 2007 9:07 AM, Blogger bubbles said…

    Ah, yes. I understand your feelings well. Both the 2005 post and this one!

    I want my own 'independence' back, then I feel bad that the kids are growing so fast...

    Sweet ironies.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home