About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, June 18, 2007
If I ruled the world...
I'm not much for wanting power...or even that much responsibility beyond my own little (ok large) family. But there are times you have to fish or cut bait. Such a time came when my last boss got fired. They were taking applications for the position. I was not going to apply, I had only been with the company a year and didn't feel I could get up to speed quickly enough. But then someone in the department pissed me off.
Because of this I put in my application. I didn't feel I had any right to complain if I wasn't willing to try and put on my big girl panties and take the responsibility to fix things. I made it down to the final four. I did not get the job, but it felt good to make it that far. Plus, I made an impression on some people in the company during the interview process.
Now looking at the world in general there are several things I would change. Do I have the right to complain? I vote in every election, so that gives me a bit of leverage. Do I want to run for office...good goddess no...first off, I inhaled....sorry, but it's a fact and I really don't want to have to defend that. Second, I like to drink and flirt. I really don't want to have to defend that either (I never have to with hubby cause he trusts me and I would never do anything to hurt him)
Lastly, I think a lot of the current election process is corrupt and you would have to get elected to try and change it...so that's kind of a lose lose situation.
The next option is taking over the world. I really don't have the time, energy, or resources for that kind of campaign. Plus GWB is already proving that is a pretty unpopular option. Maybe it would be better for me since I can talk like I have IQ above 12. But, still, I really don't want to try it at this time. I thought though maybe I could put my rules out there and get my own little following.
1. Habitual DUI's (this is over 2) have to go to a mandatory residential treatment facility for 8 weeks. Get another DUI and it will be extended to include a room with bars and a toilet 6 inches from your bed.

2. All companies that drill for, refine, or sell, natural resources have to spend a small percentage of their profits on developing safe and clean alternatives.

3. Those same companies above are not allowed to make above a certain percentage of profits each year.

4. Child Molestation = Death sentence

5. No one gets welfare without working. We would provide safe child care, but unless you are willing to pick up garbage, clean streets, help build low income housing, you will not get a dime of government money. If you already have a job and are below a minimum amount then you still qualify.

6. Lawyers will not longer be able to get a portion of the money won in lawsuits. Bet that cuts down on the frivolous lawsuits!

7. I've already talked about the cars...

That's all I can come up with at the moment. I know there is more, but I can't think of them at the moment. I'll add more later as They come to me.

Labels:

posted by Raven @ 11:49 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At June 19, 2007 10:19 AM, Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said…

    Putting on your big girl panties! That is great...I'm going to have to remember that one.

    Good for you for taking a stand.

     
  • At June 19, 2007 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    repeal all laws re: public nudity and you got my vote (note, I said NUDITY, not public SEX. Allow us Floridians to go starkers on the 1.5K miles of public beach down here and I'll make large financial contributions.

     
  • At June 20, 2007 1:46 PM, Blogger bubbles said…

    great list!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home