About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Bothering me...
I really have nothing to write about this week. But, I found myself noticing something this week over and over and I thought if I wrote it down here, maybe I would quit noticing it.
Why is it that women who gain weight think about replacing their clothes so they fit better, but not their bras?


If they wear a shirt that is a little too form fitting, and the bra is an old one that no longer fits, it creates these funny rolls of fat under the shoulder blades. It cuts into the torso around the back and if the bras don't fit it can be easily noticed.
So here is a hint to all women out there...if you've gained weight, put a bra on and take a look in the mirror...if you see those rolls, go get a few new bras!
posted by Raven @ 10:11 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At August 02, 2007 1:38 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    I'll tell you what bothers me more, bare midriffs on girls who have tremendous rolls hanging over the too-tight jeans.

    Get a clue ladies.

     
  • At August 03, 2007 10:01 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    I know about that one too. I tried a few years ago to talk to my oldest step-daughter about that. She just looked at me and asked (well yelled) why should she take fashion advice from me.
    I let he go on her way looking like a slob.

     
  • At August 04, 2007 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I dunno-- I saw so much of that livin' in our neck o' Dixie that I didn't notice anymo' after 'while.

    Are bras like mattresses-- that is, people wait and wait and wait before buying a new one??

     
  • At August 29, 2007 12:13 AM, Blogger bubbles said…

    Oh Raven, funny you should mention this!

    I think that it is the resistance to admit that a larger girth must be recognized! Oh, we'll all take a cup size, what the heck! But when the girth goes up and the cup stays similar.... oh, oh!

    I'll be happy when the spandex is passe and 100% cotton and / or smock tops are the rage.

    (blush)

     
  • At October 02, 2007 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I would love to replace my bras - but since before the baby I was in a 42DD, and now I don't even know what the devil these ridiculous things are, I can't find anything bigger without special-ordering from an actual underwear store and paying $40 or $50 for a bra. I end up wearing the big ugly maternity dresses I thought I'd already be out of hoping that will disguise things, but no, it just makes it look like I'm trying to hide in a big sack dress or my husband's shirts.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home