About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Wednesday, October 11, 2006
It's Blah outside so lets bring some color to Blogger
It's raining and they are predicting a chance of rain mixed with s*** (that horrible 4 letter word that starts with s...no not shit, the other one) tomorrow. So, with grey skies outside I decided to show a little color around here.
I made a few comments a couple of months back about my daughter's room and how we were redoing it. The color they picked out was enough to make your eyeballs bleed. Don't believe me...try looking at this picture for a couple hours and you'll know how I felt painting that room.

It shows up a little more red on here than the actual walls which are PINK! Not just pink, but really PINK!

While I was emptying out the camera of pictures I found these from a couple of weeks ago, they are pictures of a rainbow. I got a couple of great shots while driving down the highway at 70mph. The other one was while sitting in the parking lot at the grocery store in my little town.


Isn't it Puuurty? I've seen a number of rainbows this fall. I'm glad I finally got a couple of pictures of one.

The last bit of color I leave you with is a beer. I don't usually drink beer, I don't much care for the taste of it. But this one I had to try. The girls and I went to a new place in Lakewood called Melt. It's a Bar and Grilled according to the awning above the door. The have amazing sandwiches that are loosely based on grilled cheese. While we were waiting for our order I pursuing the drink menu and saw this beer. It's so froo-froo I just had to try it and I took a picture of the label just to prove I did drink it. It's called Purple Haze and it's a raspberry wheat beer.

Well, I guess that's enough color for now. I need to get to bed before the sleeping pill I took has me doing a face dive into the computer.
C'ya
posted by Raven @ 10:04 PM  
8 Comments:
  • At October 12, 2006 4:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Purple Haze is a GREAT beer for high summer-- for standing around the grill or in the heat of summer. it's not the BEST fruit beer around, but it's got the coolest name and the greatest brand recognition. I suggest a repost of it o'er there on Social Zumurgy-- Tiki Members are always in search of a good beer blog review.

     
  • At October 12, 2006 10:39 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    For beer it was pretty good. It was fruity but still a bit of a fizzle.

     
  • At October 13, 2006 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Purple Haze and a Sleeping Pill..Sounds like a great combination!!

     
  • At October 13, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    OK, I should have been more clear. I do not take my sleeping pill on nights I drink. This picture is from a few weeks of storing pictures on my camera. This was from a couple of weeks ago.
    I got my sleeping pills so I could drink less! The only time I was sleeping well is when I had a few too many! While I don't mind it was making the hubby and kids a little anxious. Plus I didn't want to end up with one of those funky license plates they give you here in Ohio.

     
  • At October 13, 2006 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think one of those red and orange plates would look spiffy on ya!! Well, I'm off to make love to a bottle of WIR...Have a Great Weekend!!

     
  • At October 13, 2006 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "funky license plates"?? Wha'ts going on in my homestate that I should know about??

     
  • At October 13, 2006 10:28 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    I just know you have to get a DUI conviction...I'm not sure if it's multiple or what...but you can ewnd you with plates that have a yellow/orange background and red letters. Quite fun to play a road gamw with those...how many can you spot and so on.

     
  • At October 16, 2006 2:35 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said…

    !!!

    I want to go to Melt and look at the sandwich menu!!

    Oh, and have a beer! Absolutely!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home