About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
The New Cell Phone and way too much PC
My cell phone was dyeing a slow and horrible death. I decided it was time to put Mandy on our cell phone plan, and while I was there I would look and see if I could get a new one as well. I found one I liked...it's shaped a little like a car and makes strange asthmatic sounds when you flip it open...I think it's supposed to be a car revving up. I like it though, it has easy buttons for text messaging and the buttons are big enough to deal with so I'm not hitting 3 buttons at once with my nails.
The fun started when I sat down with the manual last night. Now I can figure out most of it on my own just playing with the phone. But there was one function that can change from phone to phone...that' putting it on vibrate. I work in a call center and the kids call my cell, the people I work with and those on the phone do not want to be treated to a rendition of Ah-ha Take on Me or Mission Impossible Theme. So at work the phone is on vibrate and sits on my desk so I can see if the kids call.
So I sit down with the manual and get distracted by taking pictures of the kids and pets...then I see this one little button that has a picture of a phone that is kind of split in half, top and bottom. So I press it and up on the display pops a little message saying "Manner Mode On." Manner Mode? What the hell is a manner mode? So I use the house phone, and call my cell. It vibrates. Oh you have got to be kidding me!? We can't call it vibrate now? To many jokes about women using their cell phones to have a little fun. We have to call it manner mode? I don't think so...
Who the heck came up with this? It had to be a guy. We women like our vibrators...and we joke about them with our significant others, make the jokes about the phones. And that is what they are jokes...Sorry to say my phone goes over to voice mail too quickly to do anything more than give me a little tickle. Some out there is taking things way too seriously. They need to get down off their cell phone soap box, have a glass of wine, and chill out. Isn't their enough PC in the world already than to inflict in our cell phones as well? Now excuse me while I go see if I can program my cell to do repeat dial to call itself...if vibrates when there is a call waiting too! ;-)
posted by Raven @ 7:52 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At August 23, 2006 2:14 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said…

    You kiddin'? I wish they'd come out with a bluetooth wireless connection to a small comm link that is connected to the pleasure center of our brains, so that every time the cell phone rings, we come to an orgasm!

    But that's just me, and I've obviously put too much thought into this kind of thing! :D

     
  • At August 26, 2006 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Not just U, Red-- I've thought the same thing meself.

    Meanwhile, I saw a hair trimmer last night that's called a "balder". Now "balder" is BOTH an adjective AND a noun!

    Still, "manner mode" is ridiculous. "Vibrate" is a perfectly reasonable and meaningful word for what the phone does. People need to get over themselves.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home