About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, September 04, 2006
Another Bad night!
I hate insomnia...hate it, hate it, hate it!!! (stamping my feet and whining)
I finally made an appointment with my doctor and hopefully this will be my last week of this crap. It's been getting progressivly worse over the years. First I contributed it to school, I was used to staying up late working n papers and projects. I have no excuse now. I need to sleep.
I will say once I get to sleep I have no problems. I will sleep for 7 to 10 hours. Getting my brain to shut down for the time it takes me to get there is my problem.
I have tried reading, meditation, TV, music, white noise, essential oils, counting sheep, counting wolves chasing the sheep...you name it, I've tried it. So now I'm going to try perscription strength medication. (I've tried over the counter...2 Tylenol PM don't even make a dent...hell 2 Tylenol PM and a giant glass of wine don't make a dent.)
The only good side to it...I get a lot of reading done. (sigh)
posted by Raven @ 1:03 AM  
6 Comments:
  • At September 04, 2006 1:46 AM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said…

    Poor thing. Good luck to you. Lots of prayers to the Goddess from me.

     
  • At September 04, 2006 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Better living thru pharmacology, that's what I always say... You didn't mention sex or orgasm-- does a good ol' Big O before bed help? A trip to one of the oceans (CA or FLA) to visit Red or me could be not only relaxing, but help try this out as an X-periment, too!!

     
  • At September 04, 2006 9:08 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Thanks for the prayers Red. The gods and godesses don't seem to be listening to me on this subject.
    Orange...like I said I tried everything...and all that does is rev me up. Which my husband loves when he is here. By myself it just pisses me off!

     
  • At September 04, 2006 5:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmm... it always works for me...

     
  • At September 04, 2006 5:20 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Typical male...one shot wonders and off to sleep!

     
  • At September 05, 2006 10:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's so odd (the not sleeping part - not the "one shot wonders" part!). There seems to be a rash of insomnia going around to most of the people I know. Weird... I wish I could suggest something but you've already tried anything that normally works for me. But I'll send happy, sleepy thoughts your way.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home