About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Saturday, September 02, 2006
And it Begins Again!
And so, school starts again... What a week! Trying to get back into the routine of kicking asses out of beds and getting them to their respective schools and myself to work. Ahhh what joy.
I told hubby one year he has got to stay home for the first day of school, to enjoy the cussing, and moaning, and eye rolling...and that's just from me. Plus help me fill out the 50 pounds of paperwork these kids bring home for me to fill out.
This year we had a few jitters as 3 of the kids are freshmen at the high school. Mandy and Megan weren't as bad as they could have been since they both had already started activities (cross country and marching band) where they interacted with upper class men. The big worry was getting lost. But the first week has now come and gone and everyone seems rather comfortable. Laura is enjoying being a big 8th grader. We dyed her hair black again and she is having fun with her clothing. The goth girl is back!
Mandy has been diagnosed with exercised induced asthma. She now takes a pill and has an inhaler that she uses before x-country practice. She says it helps a lot, and today I say the improvement. Even with the rain we had (thanks to some hurricane/tropical storm) she shaved a minutes and 40 second off her time from last week's race! If some told me to run a 5k in 24 minutes or less, I'd probably laugh myself silly...but she does it and loves it and now she's doing even better.
And the last big event of the week is realizing another ravage of time. The possibility of carpal tunnel syndrome. My right thumb kills me if I type too long. I guess over 10 years of typing and 10-key have finally made their presence known. When I mentioned how it hurt at work a woman there told me it was a classic symptom. I freaked out. All I could think of were the things about the sugeries they do for that. I don't like thing sticking out of my hands. The few times I have had surgeries I have made them put the IV in my wrist rather than the back of my hand (except when I had the c-section, but I was so out of it then they could have put a gun to my head and I wouldn't have noticed.) So I immediately got a promise from her to bring in some papers she had that have exercises listed on them to help, and then went and bought a brace to help keep my wrist and thumb positioned correctly.
Well, that was my week. Sorry about skipping HNT, but I had to work late and finish up the last of the damn paperwork from the schools. I'll write more about the schools soon. They pissed me off early this year. (5 more years...5 more years)
Hope everyone is having a good Labor Day Weekend!
posted by Raven @ 9:24 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At September 03, 2006 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hee! I just finished my 20th day at school! AAAND we'll be done in MAY!! hee!

     
  • At September 03, 2006 11:16 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Yeah yeah...we have five down and we finish on June 1. At least we don't have to worry about any hurricanes up here except for the residual rain...like yesterday. Damn it was miserable standing it that rain to watch the x-country match!

     
  • At September 04, 2006 1:45 AM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said…

    "...the cussing, and moaning, and eye rolling...and that's just from me."

    Haha! You're so funny!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home