About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Saturday, September 09, 2006
On the Wagon Again
Well, I am trying to quit smoking again. I have been smoking regularly since I was 16...so almost 20 years. I have tried to quit several times. We will see how it goes this time. Last time I tried to quit I decided to quit trying to quit until Jennifer moved out. Well, she moved out this summer so that stressor is gone.
I have a 21mg patch on my arm. I bought Blow Pops (keep the remarks to yourself Orange) and bubble gum at BJ's. I haven't had a smoke since 10pm last night so it is well over 12 hours now. The problem is, I'm scared to leave the house. Many of my friends smoke. My parents and sister smoke. There are places on almost ever corner to buy them...(sigh)
I'm going to go eat a late lunch then barricade myself in my room again. Anyone who want's to say hi, my Yahoo Messanger is up...the ID is gothamny.
posted by Raven @ 3:07 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At September 09, 2006 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ::COFF, COFF:: WHAT remarks? Why, I wasn't a-thunkin' nothin' of the sort... Pure as the driven snow, that's me...

    I lucked out: in college I smoked about a pack a week and my eustatian tubes (however you spell it-- from the ear to the throat) got horribly infected and my ears backed up. STILL happens to this day.

    One day when I was a-livin' on my own and a-smokin' when I wanted to, I stuck a cig in my mouth and it tasted TOTALLY FUCKING AWFUL. I stopped cold turkey. I wish for the same thing to happen to you.

    (oh, on Friday I took the rent check to the office and I bummed a smoke off the lady who took the check. I'd not had a smoke in prolly 6 months or more. Know what? I got 1/2-way through it before it started tasting nasti and I tossed it out... I'm just lucky, I guess...)

     
  • At September 10, 2006 12:04 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    {ducking waiting for whatever god decides to smite you for the pure as driven snow comment)
    Lucky you...the only thing I ever had come close was when I caught Mono in high school. When I was finaly able to get up and around again the brnad I was smoking tasted icky...so I bummed one off someone else in the Mcee D's break room, and those were fine. So I just changed brands.
    I will say that when I started back up again after I quit the last time I did not go back to menthol. I stayed with regular extra lite.
    With all the gum and lollipops I've been eating I have to brush my teeth ever hour or so so I think I'm becoming addicted to toothpaste.
    36 hours and counting!

     
  • At September 11, 2006 12:27 AM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said…

    Funny how names of things that were so innocent yesteryear are totally dirty sounding these days!

    :D Hahahaha!

    Good Luck Raven!!!!

     
  • At September 11, 2006 6:20 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Yeah, when I typed out Blow Pop I knew that would be a target of a few comments.
    Thanks for the good wishes...I need them all! 56 hours so far!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home