About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Sunday, August 13, 2006
When do you really start getting older?
I was thinking about this with my last post. Is getting older an actual physical age? Is it how you feel? Is it how you look?
Let's take me for an example...
I am 35 years old. In terms of years I am relatively young. I am creeping towards middle age, but I am still young enough to be silly and not have people look at me too strangely.
In terms of how I feel, hell I still feel 18 at times. I still have the desire to roam and party at times. Yes, things don't always work they same way they did as an 18 year old kid, (mainly my knees, but a few other things are starting to make they aches and pains known to me) BUT! I still feel young and carefree most of the time.
In terms of looks, well I think I look my age or a little younger if I don't look at the gray hair coming in or my hands. I do not have crows feet, I do not have any real lines around my mouth yet. The early signs of wrinkles have not made their way onto my face. Other things have not started sagging too badly.
Then I look at my life. I have one child and 2 step-children starting high school in a little less than 3 weeks. HIGH SCHOOL! They will be driving soon. I do not feel old enough to be the mother of high school children! Granted I had my children young (I was almost 21 when I had Mandy) but still. I feel almost a fraud when I walk into school functions and see these matronly mothers. I still dress in tye die and if I can get away with a sexy top or tight jeans...I will.
Can you be 35 going on 21? I guess my personal motto should be, "You may have to get old, but you don't have to mature."
I'm going roller blading now...c'ya.
posted by Raven @ 12:21 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At August 14, 2006 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I haven't read this-- have to hit the tarmac soon-- but my FIRST thought it this: "I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up."

    God save the queen.

     
  • At August 14, 2006 10:10 AM, Blogger Jenny Jenny Flannery said…

    35 is the new 21

     
  • At August 17, 2006 1:17 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said…

    Doesn't matter what you look like hon. Your body is just a vehicle for your soul's learning, is all.

    It's the heart you have and the spirt that really matter. Anyone who is worth hanging around knows that.

    Even so, like Flannery said, 35 is the new 21. Everyone's living so much longer now, and in my opinion, the "thirties" decade is the best decade for living!

     
  • At August 19, 2006 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The way I hear it, 30 is the new 21; 40 is the new 30; 50 is the new 40; and 60 is, well, awesome. Boomers, gotta love 'em.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home