About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Damn it...damn it...damn it
Went for my post-op doctor's visit today. That was fun. I was supposed to go back to work on the 15th (next Tuesday) but the doctor said I'm not bouncing back quite as fast and he wants me to stay home until the 21st (a week from Monday.)
Now I know I'm not bouncing very fast...but did I really need medical confirmation on it? According to my husband...yes...since I won't listen to anyone else. What really pisses me off is that when I had a C-section and an asshole husband I pretty much came back from that in a week. I had to, asshole wasn't doing crap to help take care of the baby.
This surgery was minor compared to that, and almost a week later and I still can't sleep through the night (or on my right side) I still walk slightly hunched over. And I'm still not eating all that well. When I mentioned the C-section and how fast I got over that to my doctor, he asked how old I was then...
All Right...so it was 16+ years ago...I was much younger. Damn it!!
I feel like such a wimp!! Obviously an old wimp at that.
posted by Raven @ 2:55 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At April 11, 2008 9:42 AM, Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said…

    heh, I went bike riding yesterday on one of those mountain bike hybreds with the seat that will make a young man sterile and an old man walk funny for a week ('cuz this old man is ALREADY sterile).

    There's 3 bikes my size, 1 of 'em is an old fashioned ladies bike with fenders and 3 speeds, a GOOD, WIDE seat and road/racing tires. I coudln't make it to the graveyard on that thing, the hills killed me so. So I took the mountain bike and this AM I can't walk right.

     
  • At April 11, 2008 11:36 AM, Blogger bubbles said…

    Hey, gall bladder surgery isn't a walk in the park, Raven. Give yourself a break! Here's some perspective: My father's mother died in the 1930's as a result of gall bladder surgery. We have so much better medicine now that we hear that surgery is "simple", but our bodies pretty much run the same as back then - so we need to take it easy on ourselves. Easy for the surgeon, maybe, but the body still needs to recover!

    Take it easy and accept all the help you can get!

     
  • At April 11, 2008 11:40 AM, Blogger bubbles said…

    Know what else? Our bodies do a lot of self repair when we sleep. If you aren't sleeping that is probably slowing down your recovery. Is is physical discomfort that is keeping you awake? Maybe get one of those big body pillows to prop yourself more comfortably. Sleep is like magic for me when I'm sick or healing from something. If the pillow doesn't work, drink a six-pack. :-)

     
  • At April 11, 2008 1:20 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Getting older sucks doesn't it. At least you are on the mend. Have a great weekend Raven. Cheers!!

     
  • At April 11, 2008 8:36 PM, Blogger Real Live Lesbian said…

    Like fine wines, we are! Getting better all the time.

    Glad the surgery went well. I can't imagine a stick in the stomach. WHO thought THAT up?

    Let the man take care of you and feel better soon!

    XOXO

     
  • At April 12, 2008 10:23 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Cap'n - Are you saying you're a pathtic old wimp with me? If so, thanks...it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone.
    Bubbles - Thanks, I know I need to give myself a break...I'm just not used to doing that. Too many years of self reliance and doing everything...it's given my kind of a big head about my own abilities. I don't like the being shown that I'm not abe to handle everything.
    Matt - Yes it does!! Thanks for the good wishes. I'm glad I'm well enough to go back to your site and have myself a good laugh.
    Real - Yeah, at the post-op appointment I told the doctor he needs to warn people about that...I might have been able to handle the shot if I had warning. Jumping me with it was not smart. He's trying to take care of me.

    Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. I am on the mend...just not as quickly as I would like. I kind of have to get over this spoiled attitude and realize I don't get everything I want. (sigh)

     
  • At April 12, 2008 8:31 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    Sorry I am late to this, but wanted to say let everyone wait on you and just take it easy! Give yourself time girl!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home