About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Friday, March 28, 2008
What the hell?
I heard this little tid bit on the morning radio the other day. Isn't this what we want people to do? Vote for who they think will do the best job? Threatening people with legal charges if they change their party affiliation is not the way to go about it. I will admit several years ago I changed my affiliation so I could vote for a Republican. Turned out, he didn't get the nomination, so in the next primary I changed back. I guess I would be one of the ones worrying about having to go to court!!!
When did this country turn into Cuba?
posted by Raven @ 8:58 PM  
6 Comments:
  • At March 29, 2008 10:56 AM, Blogger Real Live Lesbian said…

    I have to agree with ya. WTF?

     
  • At March 29, 2008 3:43 PM, Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said…

    Let me ask a simple question: HOW are you going to go about prosecuting people for their opinions? How muh $$$ and time are you going to invest in tracking these people down, sending them fines, collecting said fines, and fighting the collective lawsuits that would no doubt arise from such a moronic suggestion? The smartest thing they did was to let this drop.

    The SMARTER thing would to have told the brain-dead moron who suggested this whole thing in committee to shut the hell up before it got out and people realized how fucking DUMB their own gummint is.

     
  • At March 30, 2008 12:08 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    I think what they are worried about is people tampering with the primaries...getting the person they think will least likely win against the other party's canidate. But...there is absolutly no way to prove it...and comes off as facist if you even try. Someone was really stupid to even MENTION the possibilty of bringing people up on charges.

     
  • At March 30, 2008 2:27 PM, Blogger bubbles said…

    If the system doesn't protect against fraud than there's something wrong with the system.

    Charges against affiliation change? Huh???

     
  • At March 30, 2008 2:28 PM, Blogger bubbles said…

    Oh, and it would be interesting to see nation-wide how many people have changed affiliation just because of the performance of Bush & Co.

     
  • At March 30, 2008 6:46 PM, Blogger Cheer34 said…

    why is changing affiliation illegal? I am not understanding this... was this short term changes?... is this like stuffing the ballot box?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home