About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, March 10, 2008
Time at Possum Lodge
I went up to the wilds of NY to visit my friends Capt and Norton. I'm sure I will have several posts on that visit, I am mulling several things over in my little brain.
But for this quick post I just want to comment on Norton. I lost touch with him for a few years. I didn't even know he moved until a last summer...and then I didn't know where.
Norton (not his real name) is one of the biggest hearted people I know. He has a tendancy to take in injured souls and heal them. He asks for nothing for himself. I've watched him do this time after time and am amazed at his capacity for love...whether he belives in that concept or not is not relevant in my mind...I know it's true of him.
So this post is dedicated to Norton. He is a wonderful person and I am a better person for knowing him.
posted by Raven @ 9:19 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At March 11, 2008 10:35 AM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Im glad that you made it back in one piece. Cheers Raven!!

     
  • At March 11, 2008 11:22 AM, Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said…

    here at Possum Lodge we spell his name with all caps and a bang-- NORTON! Sometimes you can use an interrobang as well: NORTON‽

    Sorry, that was the E/LA teacher in me speaking.

    Meanwhile, you're 100% right. If i had a shilling for every time NORTON‽ bailed MY ass outta the drink, I'd have £5.37

    As an example, th' other day when you were here and we were touring E-Ville there was a animal adoption society set up in one of the local shops. There was a 3-legged pitbull that needed adopting, and I could tell that NORTON! was giving it serious consideration. That's what he does. Don't let that crusty exterior fool yew: beneath that crusty exterior beats the heart of a man who means every goddamned thing he says.

     
  • At March 11, 2008 4:35 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    Glad you made it back and kudos to you for making the journey to see old friends!

     
  • At March 11, 2008 9:44 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Matt - Thanks, the most harrowing part of the journey is when these wonderful friends of mine were leading me back on mountain roads in the middle of the storm. They were doing around 40 in their 4-wheel drive...while I was going 25 in my mom-van.
    Cap'n - I know he was considering it...I was waiting for him to ask if we minded if we went and looked at it. He's a sweetheart. Have you told him we've been singing his praises all day? I bet he's getting all crusty again.
    Sky - I defied Mother Nature and my hubby begging me not to go in the storm. But, it really wasn't that bad of a drive. Plus it was a blast to see them again. The really sad part was that they are both a few years older than me...and I look the oldest. Damn men.

     
  • At March 12, 2008 1:01 AM, Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said…

    Oh, I've got a new girlfriend. Sammie is all spread out on my futon and would NOT be dragged off th' bed to go sleep with Tommy tonight. Apparently she's developed a thing for older men.

    Older men who will bundle up, go outside and throw a goddamned stick 30 times until her paws are nearly frostbit.

    DUMB old men who are easily manipulated. Still, she's warm and a helluva lot smaller than Toby or Jamuk.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home