About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, January 07, 2008
Gratuitous TV and other indulgences
Now I know I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I have my idiot moments, I had to work really hard for my grades. I do have an MBA, but I graduated with no particular distinction. I also know I am not on the bottom rung...but there are some things I will not give up no matter how idiotic they make me seem.
1. Romance novels - I love romance novels. People who go around saying that they raise women's expectations to unreachable levels are dorks. I read tons of romance novels and have no illusions that my hubby is going to sweep me away to a castle to eat bon-bons all day. (Though he did sweep me away once when we were engaged. I and one of my kids was horribly sick and I was getting no rest and getting worse. He took a day off work and took care of all of us.)
2. Dancing in a warm summer rain - I love going out in a warm summer rain and dancing around in it. It just makes me feel alive and free. I spare the neighborhood and keep my clothes on, but the rest...they're just going to have to deal with it.
3. Gratuitous TV - They brought back a TV show that I loved the first time around, and now it's back. There is absolutely no redeeming qualities to it, it's nothing but pure enjoyment of watching...American Gladiator!! Even worse my two girls watched it with me...and loved it. (included in this category is Survivor and Amazing Race)
There are other things...but those are the top three that I doubt I will EVER give up...
So if anyone is looking for me, you'll find me in a corner, curled up with a good romance except tomorrow night, when I'll be watching American Gladiator again.
posted by Raven @ 12:21 AM  
8 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home