About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, December 31, 2007
Happy New Years!!
New Years is always a fun time. Remembering back, I remember my first New Year's party. It was with friends and we all had a great time. I was a freshman in high school. No alcohol was involved, just friends, talking, a few games, and lots of yelling and giving kisses at midnight.
My first New Years married to my ex was in a basically empty apartment with a small 13 inch TV. We had been married about 6 weeks. His sister came over and brought a bottle on champagne (we weren't legal yet). For several years after that New Years involved going out to bars and celebrating. I never enjoyed that as much. Being slightly claustrophobic the cram at the bars makes me a little ill. (Plus the last years I was in the military I went to a bar with a "boyfriend" who was an alcoholic and didn't know when to stop! Can you sat PITA?)
Since I moved back home I celebrate at home. Neighbors come over, we play LRC, drink, eat, and generally have a good time. I was talking to a co-worker and she was talking about going out on New Years and asking what I was doing. I always say I worry about being out on the streets rather than explaining my phobias. She says they always have a "driver" so they don't have to worry about that. It made me stop and think for a moment. Could I have more fun being out on the town with hubby, going to a country club in a limo, dressed up and dancing...nope! I'm going to have a ball in my fleece lined jeans, slippers, drinking margaritas, eating good food surrounded by my family and friends.
I hope everyone has plans that they will enjoy and have a wonderful New Years celebration!
posted by Raven @ 5:13 PM  
6 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home