About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, February 04, 2008
Let's see...
What's going on in my life at the moment. Nothing particularly good...
I take that back, there are a few good things. Dorky Daughter turned 16 last month. Gods help us all. She has started driver's ed. She also got her top braces off. She is learning to talk again! The retainer makes it a bit hard.
The other good news is I've found several members of my Dad's family. My parent's cut them out many many years ago for some unknown reason. After the fiasco this past spring with my mom and her family...I decided to start looking for Dad's family. Mom is not a dependable witness as to acceptable family behavior. Her reasons for cutting out her own brother are ridiculous...I'm betting the reasons for cutting out Dad's family are just as bad. SO!! I looked around depending on 30 year old memories, and half remebered names. I finally struck pay dirt on Facebook.com when I found someone I pegged as one of my cousins. I was right...and now I've found a whole bunch of relatives! Yeah!!!
That's about it for the good. Now on to the sucks...
Work sucks...there was an error made that cost the company about $20,000 in gross margin. I had a very small part in the error...but most of it happened out in the warehouse. I have the feeling they would love to pin the fault on me, but I have way too much documentation showing where the fuck up actually happened. Love that CYA mentality! My boss called me into her office about a week ago to discuss the problem. Thankfully I had all my ducks in a row. She made a comment about how a company that only clears $100,000 a year...losing $20,000 is a big deal. I just sat there making small noises about yes it was a big deal...we need to get the process fixed...all the while thinking what kind of company sells $10,000,000 in product a month and can't make a $100,000 profit a year...who's fault is that? (And no...we aren't a non-profit)
To top that...right when that suck was at it's height and I was completly bummed...I got another hit that dwarfed it. We went to visit my mother-in-law and while we were up there she tells us she has breast cancer. I'm closer to my mother-in-law that I am to my own mother. That really hit hard. She starts chemo this week. Hopefully things will go well. She didn't let anyone go with her to the doctor's appointments, so we hope she is telling us the truth when she says she had a good prognosis. She would say that just so we wouldn't worry.
Hearing that basically made my problem at work almost disappear.
Sorry for not writing in awhile, I've been trying to sort things out in my own brain. So, after writing all of this out...I feel better. I need to get my positive attitude back...starting tomorrow when I walk into work!
posted by Raven @ 8:20 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At February 05, 2008 4:37 PM, Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said…

    Uh, oh-- you're getting too gritty and God is a-throwing all SORTS of shit at you to see what you can take!!

    Life sux bigtime down here, too. but after a reasonably long nap on the couch I'm agreeing with your advice to move instead of blow my own brains out. But of course, if I DID, then SOMEONE ELSE WOULD HAVE TO CLEAN UP THE MESS!! BWA HA HA HA!! REEEVENGE!!

     
  • At February 05, 2008 6:04 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    Sending out my best thoughts to your mom-in-law, I hope it all turns out well.

    Hugs over the wire to you too kid!

     
  • At February 06, 2008 1:39 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Sorry to hear about you MIL. I hope everything turns out well. And 100K a year profit with 10 Mil in buisness? There is a problem, and not with you. Cheers!!

     
  • At February 16, 2008 2:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ditto on what Matt-man said, unless you're the CEO or CFO a profit margin that shitty can't be your fault. Also my best to your MIL...have some faith, they're doing amazing things with breast cancer these days, loads of great research and treatment. My prayers for her successful recovery.

    God Bless

    FMD

     
Post a Comment
<< Home