About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Thursday, November 01, 2007
Black Friday Cometh...
I have been going out shopping for years on Black Friday. (That’s the day after Thanksgiving for those of you who don’t follow this tradition.) Usually I get up around 5am and I’m out of the house by 5:30am at the latest. I’ve always had one big problem though, I don’t get a newspaper. Why should I? I’ve always gotten my news via CNN or online.
Not getting a newspaper for Black Friday can be a big problem. You don’t know where the sales are for the items you are looking for, or if maybe the electronics store a little farther down the street has a better deal on the DVD you are looking at. Not getting a paper means you are wandering around blind.
This year though, I am going to be prepared. I found this website and I am going to use it to its fullest.
thanksgiving ads
Now granted there are a few stores in there that don’t apply to my area of the country, but there are a ton that are and I am going to make use of them! Plus I don’t have to deal with flipping through the ads in the paper, which always end up all over the place. I can go to the stores I know I want to go to and look at exactly what I want.
That’s just too cool!
posted by Raven @ 7:17 PM  
7 Comments:
  • At November 02, 2007 9:21 AM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    Have fun shopping and spending that day and enjoy your weekend Raven. Cheers!!

     
  • At November 02, 2007 11:30 AM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    I have never understood the allure of packing into a store with hundreds of your close personnel friends.

     
  • At November 02, 2007 12:37 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Matt- Thanks! I plan on having a ball!
    Sky- Because it's fun and you can get some of the best deals at that time. Especially before 7 am and again before 10am.

     
  • At November 03, 2007 9:32 AM, Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said…

    you actually BUY stuff on Black Friday? It's always been our tradition to go out and merely people watch and see all the Christmas stuff (which has been up since October 1st down here...).

    we don't even stand in lines to buy soda or pretzels-- it takes too fucking long.

     
  • At November 03, 2007 11:13 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Lemon - Yes, I go out every year. It started back in high school going out to Great Northern with my then boyfriend and a group of friends. We drove around looking for a parking space amazed at the people parking in areas not meant for parking. Now, it even worse...I actually shop.

     
  • At November 13, 2007 12:44 AM, Blogger bubbles said…

    I'm impressed! While not a Black Friday girl, I have been known to hit the stores at 7:00am for December 26! This is the reason I have too much Christmas stuff and my kids are warped into thinking there is some magic associated with Dec. 26!

    The black Friday thing is for the REAL pros!

    :D

     
  • At November 14, 2007 8:54 PM, Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said…

    I think you need one of those electric brooms to sweep up all th' dust bunnies 'round here...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home