About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Tuesday, September 18, 2007
The Beginning of Middle Age?
When does middle age really start? Is it a specific age? Do you take the average age and divide it in thirds and call the middle one middle age? Is it a state of mind? Is it when you start getting grey hair?
I really need to know. If it's a state of mind, then I'm still somewhere in my early twenties. If it's the grey hair, I started that in around my 25th birthday.
The reason I asked is because I was losing it last night. At some point I took my iPod out of my purse and put it on the counter in the kitchen. Maybe 5 minutes later I started looking through my purse for my iPod, and getting more freaked out by the second. My daughter finally found it.
I am trying to get my act together to come upstairs. There were 3 things I wanted to take up with me...my iPod, my smokes, and a Mikes Hard Lemonade. I finally get the iPod, then I can't find my smokes. I finally find those and I can't find my Mike's. Finally find the Mike's, I've laid down my iPod somewhere...
It was a terrible cycle. I kept laying stuff down and forgetting (within a minute) where the hell I put it. I finally get my act together and got upstairs. I started wondering though, is this the beginning of middle age...or just early onset of Alzheimer's? Or am I just a complete ADD?
posted by Raven @ 10:27 PM  
5 Comments:
  • At September 19, 2007 9:23 AM, Blogger bubbles said…

    You are not alone. This happens to me all the time.

    Once, when my parents were living, my mom worried because she couldn't remember all the details about the past that her sister-in-law could.

    My dad's response: Dorothy, you have lived a much different life than her. You have lived over seas, moved countless times, raised three children, worked and retired. You can't afford to keep all that detail in your head, you would run out of storage capacity.

    The point: you probably have a busy life and a million things on your mind. Forgetting where you set something down is a detail you can't afford to store.

    Well, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking with it. Hope it works for you!

    What was this post about, again?

     
  • At September 19, 2007 2:40 PM, Blogger Schmoop said…

    HA...I right with ya. If I dont write thngs down, the thought is gone!!

     
  • At September 19, 2007 3:47 PM, Blogger SkylersDad said…

    I for one have complete control of my mental facilities. My mind is like a finely tuned...

    Ohhh, what's that!

    Can I play with it?

     
  • At September 27, 2007 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ha. I'm older than you but I don't lose shit as easily.

    ---Big Orange

     
  • At September 27, 2007 12:49 PM, Blogger Cap'n Ergo "XL+II" Jinglebollocks said…

    I think it's more a matter of atitude than age, necess. Then again, what the hell do I know? I can't ever find my car keys and I keep forgetting my own damned telephone number.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home