About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, November 06, 2006
The patch and dreams
Being an insomniac, sleep is a precious commodity. My new little pills (Rozerum by the way...the one with the commercials with the beaver and Lincoln) make it much better for me. But over the years I think I fell out of the habit of dreaming. If I did dream, they were usually bad ones. Or, at least, that's all I remembered.
I'm not sure how, or why this happened. I remember dreaming a lot as a child and teen. Flying dreams were always the best. I had others where I could run very fast. Always pretty cool dreams. I never realized though, that those kinds of dreams had pretty well stopped until I started using the patch to stop smoking.
All of a sudden, damn...I started dreaming a lot. Some really vivid dreams. A few nightmares in there, but for the most part, dreaming just like when I was a kid. There are warnings on the packaging about them possibly having side effects with sleep. I called it a bonus.
Now I'm no longer on the patch and I find myself missing the dreams. Something I went years without, is now something I wish I could have all the time. Too bad the patches are so expensive, or I would sleep with one every night!
posted by Raven @ 10:23 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At November 07, 2006 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow. I dream Kafka dreams that don't ever make any fuckin' sense-- beavers and Lincoln are amazingly tame compared to what buzzes through MY head. I don't always remember my dreams, but I know when they're weird cuz they hang on to my conscious like spider webs. Maybe you could patch up a few times a week, like other people plan on getting buzzed or having sex? Justa' thought.

     
  • At November 08, 2006 6:59 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Hmmm, that's a thought. I'll have to think on that one. But it would be a coupple times a month rather than week...those damn things are expensive.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home