About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Saturday, November 19, 2005
Harry Potter, Christmas Trees, and various ramblings
It's been a busy few days. Let's start with Thursday night. I took my two girls to the midnight premier of the new Harry Potter movie. It was a very good movie.

STOP HERE...if you haven't seen the movie and don't want to know anything about it until you do.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I mean it!!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Last chance!!!
.
.
It was a good movie. The problem I had was that rearranged some things from the book. I know the book was huge and they had to do away with some of it. But they left out some major characters. One review I read said that the Lord of the Ring series showed audiences can handle a three hour movie. This one could have used that extra half hour. They had to rush through something and other things you would have been hard pressed to know what was going on in a few parts without having read the book.
My favorite book and movie of the Harry Potter series is the first one. The wonder and newness infects both the pages and the screen. I get swept away into a new world. This one I felt like I was always trying to catch up.
I got home around 3am and had to get up a little after 8 to be at work at 10:30am. What a day at work that was. Then right after work I had to go to my mother's 60th birthday dinner. My sister arranged it as a surprise. I was in a bit of a daze. I got home at midnight. I slept today until a little after 10 this morning. I usually get up between 7 and 8am during the weekends. I feel much better now.
Christmas Trees!!! There is a christmas tree event down in Akron every year. I used to go to see it when I was a kid. My girls went a couple of times when they were very small. Since Hubby had to stay at work this weekend I took the girls down to it. While it doesn't say it on the web page, the proceeds to this go to benefit a children's hospital. There are over 200 decorated trees, wreaths, miniature trees, and so on. It was beautiful. I came thiiiis close to buying a wreath decorated with nutcrackers. The only thing that stopped me was it has to stay in Akron for the length of the event. I didn't want to have to go back down to get it in a week. Plus Hubby would have had a coronary when he found out I had spent $125 on a wreath.
Tomorrow I need to start getting the house ready for the holidays. Thankfully we are not hosting Thanksgiving this year so it's not quite as imperative. Mom is hosting Thanksgiving which won't be too bad since my step kids will be with their mom. I won't have to worry about protecting them.
Oh! I forgot, I bought a new pair of jeans...2 sizes smaller than what I was wearing before I started Weight Watchers. I have lost almost 18 pounds. Considering I have also been working out I have probably lost more, but gained muscle.
That's all I can think of at the moment. Hope everyone is doing well. I'm going to go watch my recorded episode of Smallville from earlier this week. Ciao!
posted by Raven @ 8:39 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home