About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, October 24, 2005
Human Nature
By nature I am a student of human idiosyncrasies. I am much more comfortable sitting back and people watching than I am participating in activities. Some people find this unnerving or even unproductive. I don’t care; this is the way I am.
Because of this I have a unique perspective.
One thing I have noticed is that when you present someone with something unpleasant they will become angry with you. The old cut off the head of the messenger ploy. I was on the brunt end of this last weekend. I have not mentioned my teenage step-daughter in this blog so not to infect her negativity here. But for this story she must be mentioned. She is into drugs and drinking. My husband won’t see it for what it is. He dislikes me searching her room. Well, I search it anyways. Last week I found a little foil package with pot residue on it and a burnt piece in it. I gave it to Rick and instead of getting upset with the kid, he gets upset with me. Now he has gotten over the anger at me but it gives me something to contemplate. Why take it out on the person in front of you? I don’t think I do this. I get angry at the person that did the thing wrong. Is it a gut reaction, to lash out? I may understand the dynamics behind this, but I don’t understand the reasoning.
The other thing is with my mother and her issues. Suddenly she wants nothing to do with me or much of my family. Megan and David’s birthday party- no show. Mandy’s piano recital – showed. Halloween – Not coming. Her birthday – heard nothing. I’m getting really sick of it. It’s not fair to my husband or my step kids, or even my girls who have to watch all of this and feel guilty. Why does she not care about these children? How can she justify this to herself? Or does she even bother? I’ve read about people with no consciences. Could she be one of those?
For a student of human nature there are still so many mysteries out there. Is it environmental? Psychological? Emotion? Deliberate?
posted by Raven @ 9:06 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At October 29, 2005 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm obviously behind in my blog-reading by a week or so. Wow. Pot residue, ay? I wonder if that's one o' them "I WANT to be caught" things?? Wouldn't you have thrown it away?

    Anyway, we all want to believe that our kid is a golden angel an' all that stuff-- T found bubble gum petrified in the veil of her wedding gown, meaning that only miss Z could've gotten it there some ancient time in the past; probably playing with it secretly when we weren't watching. At first, I didn't think it could BE Z, as A) our apartments are always so small and B) that doesn't seem the thing she'd do. Of course, who the hell ELSE would accidently get bubblegum in a wedding gown inside a closed box? Now, the difference is that I didn't get mad at T for suggesting it, but denial ain't just a river in Egypt, schweetie.

    I've got this theory, BTW, that hurricanes do more than just blow wind and debris around; they also mix up LUCK and KARMA-- so when these damned things hit the US, everyone starts getting weird, tense, antsy and their luck bombs out. I wonder if some of this is Katrina or Wilma residue...?? (not that that HELPS your situation, but it might make ya feel a whee bit better, having something to blame it on...)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home