About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Wednesday, September 28, 2005
Just keep swimming;swimming;swimming...
I wish it was as easy for me as it is for Dory. For those of you not familiar with Finding Nemo, it's a lost reference. I paid $45 for a 3 month membership to a swim club by my work. I don't swim well, and I have a fear of water, but I needed to find some way to get some exercise.
I work a rotating shift at work and today I didn't have to be there until 10am, so I packed up my bag and went to the pool. I swam for about 20 minutes. For me, that is long time. I am a natural couch potato. As I stated before, I am not a good swimmer so my swimming could be called erratic at best. I would do part in a side stroke, flip over for the back stroke. Sometime I would get tired and walk in the sections where I could touch, but I kept moving for the entire 20 minutes.
My legs are killing me!!!
I can not sit in one position for very long, the muscles start to cramp. I am hoping to sleep well tonight. I will go swimming again on Friday morning when I don't have to be into work until 10:30am.
Weigh in was today and I have lost a total of 10.8 pounds!!! To put that another way that is about 8 medium size cantaloupes. I got a little bookmark and a sticker in my weigh in book. Kind of silly when you think about it, but it does make you feel good knowing you are losing.
Thinking to what my goal weight is though, I have a long way to go. I want to get down to what I was when I got out of the military. Orange is probably the only one here who remembers what I looked like at that weight.
I'm going to go, my legs are starting to hurt again.
posted by Raven @ 7:50 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At October 01, 2005 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't be surprised if you cant MOVE tomorrow-- that's happened to me back in the BC days (Before Children) when *I* worked out a few days a week. Keep it up, tho, and eventually you'll start getting some really wonnerful endorphin highs: THOSE are really COOOOOL. It takes awhile to get 'em, tho.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home