About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Sunday, November 13, 2005
Children or (evil grin) Little Slaves?
Ahhh fall! The crisp cool air sends me running for a tanning bed and my winter coat. It also forces all of the trees to drop all of their leaves. When I was a child I did not mind fall as much. I didn't realize how quickly winter followed. Yes, I hated winter even then. I got in trouble in 4th grade for forging a note saying I didn't have to go outside during recess. I didn't want to go out because it was cold. But, back to fall. This weekend we had to rake leaves. I have 2 huge trees, one medium tree, and several smaller trees in my yard. We try to rake twice a year, but usually we only get it done once before the snow flies. Every year we get out the rakes and the leaf blower and tarps and start hauling them to the curb to be picked up by the city. Every year we deal with the kids pooping out half way through the job and making our lives harder by jumping in our piles or having leaf fights. This year though...They are bigger! Older! And Stronger!!
Hubby did the dog area and I did around my garden and flower beds. The rest were mainly raked by the kids. We would haul them to the curb and go back for the next pile. It was great! Something that usually took all damn day was done in about 3 hours.
This isn't going to last, I know that. In a few years they will have jobs, boyfriend/girlfriends, but for now it's great being able to get them to work. Maybe not as entertaining to watch as the leaf fights, but a definite bonus.
The kids don't appreciate being called our little slaves, but they also know it won't last. Now if I could just get them to clean up after themselves in the living room or goddess forbid, their rooms, life would be pretty perfect.
posted by Raven @ 9:19 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At November 24, 2005 10:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ::coff, coff:: you know, if you came SOUTH not only would there be no SNOW, but rarely would there be LEAVES, too: palm trees don't shed leaves and when the leaves DOO fall off, it's usually in January or Feb when the new buds are coming out. Not nearly as colorful, o' course, but still... Somethin' to thunk about!! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home