About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Tuesday, September 20, 2005
Watching the Weight
Sorry it's been awhile since I updated. Between being sick, getting into a routine with the kids in school, I've been really busy.
I've been looking over my life a little a decided there is some room for self improvement in several areas.
To start with I am overweight. I do not look vastly overweight because of my height (5'10") but I am verging on obese. Because of this I have decided to join Weight Watchers. My goal is 145lbs. Which means I have to lose a little less than 60lbs. I like the program. Based on my weight I have a certain amount of points that I can use each day. I try to at healthy but as long as I am careful I rarely go over my points.
The other thing that I needed to improve was my organization. I would clean the house and the kids would trash it. I would feel so overwhelmed that I would just not clean it again. I found The FlyLady! It's a great way to keep my house and life more organized. My house is clean and I rarely feel like I have spent much time cleaning. It is a wonderful system. The website is great but I would also recommend reading her book as well.
I have other issues I need to work on as well, such as smoking, but I figured only one or two things at a time. Once I get my weight down I'll start on that again.
Anyone that knows some good Weight Watcher recipes, please share. I am collecting them.
Thanks!
posted by Raven @ 4:07 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At September 21, 2005 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    missed ya, toots! i can tell EVERYONE is vastly busy. Hell, Solenbum woke me up @ 3 AM yesterday and I got to school about 6:15 AM. BUT there was so much to do I didn't get outta here until 6 PM. 12 hours and I still had all but scratched the surface of what needed to be done just here @ school. I think things are tuff all over: these hurry-kanes that are battering the Gulf are bringing bad karma and chaos with them as well, I'm corn-vinced. Still, 'tis a good idea to put the proverbial house in order, and I totally agree w/not taking on more than 2 different new chores @ once.

    Lemmie know how WW goes: our problem is often we're too broke to buy healthy food and we're eating too much crap (which, while bad for you, is cheap! Ever noticed that a lot o' po' folk is FAT? Now you know why: it takes $$$ to eat healthy and work out).

     
  • At September 22, 2005 6:25 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    The eat healthy part yes, costs more money...but I am finding some cheaper recipes that are low in points. The exercising thought...don't give me that. You live in Florida for god's sakes!! Warm all year round. I am stuck here in NE Ohio where I am seriously considering paying $45 for a 3 month membership to swim while it's cold!

     
  • At September 24, 2005 8:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What, are you telling me to go for a WALK in this heat? Are you CRAZY? >:-P

     
  • At September 25, 2005 11:07 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Yes, walk...and swim...a few laps a day will help. If not in the pool then in the ocean. Or has your blood thinned so much you dress in sweaters down there in the winter? To date I have lost just under 10lbs and hubby has lost 13lbs.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home