About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Sunday, August 07, 2005
5 Qs 4 U
I got this Meme from Gwynne.


1. Spending a great deal of time away from a loved one is very difficult to go through. Tell me one thing that you enjoy about having him gone over half of the time.

I love being able to just pick up and go without any real consideration to what someone else has planned. I feel like going to get ice cream, I go. I feel like walking around the mall, I go. My kids are always game to going with me.

2. If you were given the chance at immortality would you take it? Why or why not?

No. While I am not in tune with organized religion I do believe in an afterlife. I believe in reincarnation and and working issues out. I think there are several reason to go on to the incarnation and do not want to be stuck in this one forever. In other words, I do not fear death for myself. I believe I will be a better person the next time around.

3. What is your single most important goal in life?

To raise my children well. They did not ask to be brought in to this world or ask to have me as a mother. It is my responsibility to make sure they grow up as well adjusted and as productive and as loved as I can possibly manage. While I have my moments where I want to strangle anyone under the age of 21 I do think I am a decent mother. I keep a close eye on them and try to steer them in the right directions while giving them a sense of independence.

4. What would your obituary say.

My dream obituary would state...
Raven 1971-?
Loving wife and mother
Died saying, "Damn...that was fun!"
Requests a memorial service including the high school marching band playing Sousa marches and a weenie roast. All donations should be sent to Close Quarters Pub which will be providing the alcohol for the above mentioned weenie roast. Please feel free to bring any party implements you feel would be appropriate.



5. What is your favorite room in your home and why?

While everyone in my family would probably say my bedroom cause that is where my computer is but, I love my front porch. It is enclosed so you can sit out there all year. I can watch the neighborhood go by or lightening and thunderstorms. I watch our redneck neighbors shoot roman candles at each other with my hand on the phone. I watch the little boy next door come running over to pull out the dinosaur figure I have in the front flower beds because he loves it so much. I sit in my air chair relaxed with a cat on my lap. I can read my books in that chair all day or night. The dog will come out and sit below my chair and occasionally I will feel her warmth as my chair will brush her back. I watch the leaves turn in the fall, the snow fly in the winter, and the trees bud in the spring...there is no better vantage point in the house for watching these things.

So, that's my meme. If you would like one here are the rules.

As per the rules:

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment saying "Interview me". ("Tickle me" or "Caress me" are not acceptable substitutes.) You must leave your blog address so that I can think of good questions for you.

2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different. I'll post the questions in the comments section of this post.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to my questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in your post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

posted by Raven @ 10:44 AM  
10 Comments:
  • At August 07, 2005 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love your answers!

     
  • At August 08, 2005 12:22 AM, Blogger wopanese said…

    Interrogate me. Just be gentle with the instruments.

     
  • At August 08, 2005 4:46 PM, Blogger thordora said…

    interview me! I've been enjoying your comments!

     
  • At August 08, 2005 10:20 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Hi Wopanese...here are your questions.
    1. You seem to like quite a diversity of music. If you had to only listen to one group/singer for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?

    2. After your experiences of being a "nice guy" have you reformed or are you still being nice?

    3. You made a joke of of your favorite books...what are your real choices and why?

    4. What is your favorite weekend activity, when you aren't stuck at work?

    5. Were you born a redneck or are you a convert? Tell me about it.

     
  • At August 08, 2005 10:50 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Hi there Thordora, Here are your questions...
    1. If you could run away from home, where would you go and why? (and would you eventually send a post card home? ;-)

    2. If you could go back in time and meet yourself in high school, what would you tell yourself?

    3. What is your picture of and what does it have to do with who you are?

    4. If there is one thing you could accomplish in this life, what would it be?

    5. Do you think Canada should require US citizens to have passports to cross the border? (This is turning onto a very talked about subject here in my state on the coast of Lake Erie)

     
  • At August 08, 2005 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At August 08, 2005 11:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At August 10, 2005 3:38 PM, Blogger thordora said…

    1. If I could run away, I would head for Machu Piccu before it falls off the mountain. No postcard home-when I take off, I'm gone for good.
    2.If I could go back, I'd tell myself to take the other road that led to Montreal instead of the one I took.
    3.Tis the Martian Manhunter. He's the last martian (DC universe) and he can shapeshift and a bunch of other crap. I like the idea that he can be someone else or something else, and I identify with the sense of isolation. Being adopted, I used to pretend I was from another planet as a kid.
    4.I want to publish a book of poetry that people actually read.
    5.Fuck passports. Seems to me that most of the "bad" people HAD paperwork. MORE buracracy will not help anything.

    THAT WAS FUN!

     
  • At August 11, 2005 10:03 AM, Blogger wopanese said…

    Ahh, I see the questions. Aside from Hockey Pucks, I think that's where that company came up with that "furniture mover" idea - compressed rice cakes!

    Back with your answers soon! Thanks!

     
  • At August 11, 2005 10:49 AM, Blogger wopanese said…

    the individual meme response can be seen here:

    http://redneckhooha.blogspot.com/2005/08/one-meme-in-stream.html

    or it's at the top of my blog right now.

    http://redneckhooha.blogspot.com

    Thanks a bunch!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home