About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Saturday, June 11, 2005
Neighbors!
OK, I have this one neighbor that makes me absolutely nuts. She is, of course, the neighborhood gossip. She hacked the hell out of my roses. Her son is almost perfect. (and when he wasn't he was grounded to his room for a week and I mean not even allowed out for meals) So, she seems to think she can tell me what to do. OK I am ten years (at least) younger than her but ummmm, no, they are my kids, my rules.
For instance...Mandy and I need to got to Wally World to get her some tennis shoes. Laura is playing over with the youngest neighbor's kid. I send Mandy's over to ask Laura if she would like to go to Wally World and if not to let her know I would have my cell phone on me if she needed me. Pain in the Ass neighbor (PA for short now) comes over a day or two later to ask that if I am going to have her watch Laura to let her know where I was going and when I would be home. I was a little taken aback but tried to explain to her I did not leave my child with her, Laura is old enough to be home alone for several hours at a time now and she knew where I was going and how to get a hold of me. PA just didn't understand, so now Laura has to either go with me to where ever I am going or come home from playing with PA's kid.
Then today she invited Laura to go to the pool with her and her son. Well we told Laura that Mandy might want to go as well. Well Laura runs over and then comes back and says that neither of them (Laura or Mandy) can go unless I go. Forget that. This is the second summer that the girls can go to the pool by themselves. I told them if they want to go, I'll drive them up there and they can walk home. Of course I'm sure this pissed of PA since I wasn't there. I hear she was also giving older daughter the hairy eyeball in her swim suit. It's a bikini. A moment here to explain. Mandy is 5'5" tall and weighs less than 100lbs. A one piece swimsuit just doesn't fit her. She has to wear bikinis to swim at all. Plus she is starting to develop, so they look good on her. Let the kid wear them, it's still innocent and in another 2 or 3 years she is going to be more self conscience about her looks and shape.
This woman is going to make me nuts. She better not come over here tonight saying anything about the girls being at the pool!
posted by Raven @ 11:57 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At June 11, 2005 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Now, now, now, lettuce understand that we are all Creatures of the Lord and try to put aside our individual differences, knowing that tolerance for one another is what He Who Art In Heaven has planned for all us lowly creatures here on...

    Gaaah, even *I* can't go on!! >:-}

     
  • At June 12, 2005 8:34 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Ahhh, stop that! I'm going to have to burn sage over my computr now that you have infected it!

     
  • At June 12, 2005 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Smudge away, mah dear! Maybe while you're at it, you should smudge your NEIGHBOR, too!! At the v. least, it'd give her something to talk about!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home