About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Wednesday, June 08, 2005
Finally!
School is out! Well, actually the last day for the kids was last Friday, but I had other issues to deal with over the weekend. But, now that school is out, and my kids are older and want to sleep in to the middle of the morning/afternoon, I can sleep in. Because of the rotating schedule at work some days I will get to sleep in a lot. Such as tomorrow. I don't have to be to work until 10am so I can sleep until just after 7am. Much nicer than while school was in session and no matter what time I went in to work I still had to get up at 5:45 so I could start waking kids up at 6.
Let's see what else is going on. I got my little window herb garden going. I have oregano, chives, and chocolate mint. I am quite pleased with it. I am going to buy a few more pots over the weekend and try and get a few more plants in. I'm not sure what yet.
My school is still going going going. Almost done. Graduate in July...in Phoenix...I can't wait.
Today was the first day the kids had chores to do. For the most part they got done. Laura is doing the dishes right now because she didn't do them this morning. That's all for now.
posted by Raven @ 12:16 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At June 10, 2005 9:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh, sleep... I wish *I* could sleep... Having autism, L5 doesn't sleep much more than 'bout 6 hours these days, less so 'cuz he's obviously worked up over our impending move. We're gonna set up his bedroom special just for him, including having a TV bolted to a bookshelf, and the bookshelf bolted to the wall. That way he can watch movies himself for the 3 hours that we need sleep and he doesn't in the watches of the night (I thought that sounded mean until L5's developmental pediatrican RECOMMENDED doing this: "autistic people don't sleep. You're both neurotypical, so you DO sleep. Unless you want to ruin your immune system through chronic exhaustion, you'll have to set up his room so he can play solo until you're ready to get up. Get good locks for his door and consider cutting the top 1/3 off the door so you can peek in and hear him but he can't climb out."

    MEanwhile, CHOCOLATE mint?? Is there a new genetically engineered mint plant that tastes of chocolate? Where do I get some??

     
  • At June 10, 2005 7:39 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Where are you moving to? This is the first I heard about you moving. For the chocolate mint...try a local nursery in their herb section. It's doing wonders in my kitchen window.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home