About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Wednesday, May 04, 2005
Hmmmm
Well I started a new job last week. Low pay, low stress, it's kind of nice. The one thing about of job is that it is a bit of a rotating shift. That means there are people there from 8am to 7pm. Thankfully the kids are old enough for me to be able to tell them to fix themselves something to eat. I try to keep a stock of soup, Banquet dinners, and canned pasta so they have something quick and easy to make.
The other thing about this job is that it is with a company that sells books. Mainly text books, but there is also a good selection of fiction. I can see a good chunk of my paychecks going right back to the company. Oh well, as long as I have benefits.
The weather is finally getting warm. I've started thinking about my rose garden again. I looked up the plants I want to order and it would cost me about $140. I just hope that my nosy neighbor will not hack at them this year. I was sort of disheartened last year when she killed off two of my rose bushes.
Well, I think that's all that is happening right now.
posted by Raven @ 11:12 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At May 29, 2005 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you know the old saying, "Unless you're the lead sled dog, the scenery never changes."

    But then again, the equation of low pay = low stress is kinda' a nice thing. I've got a friend (you don't know 'em, I don't think) who for YEARS has been working steady, low-end, dead-end jobs: counter clerk, retail, etc. The wonderful thing is that he has almost NO stress whatsoever. Granted, he's too damned talented to spend his time doing what he's doing-- answering phones behind the desk of a hotel-- but when the day is done, he has NOTHING to do when he goes home but whatever he wants.

    Teaching, on the other hand, is low pay HIGH stress and very little of your time is actually yours. One year I tried to track just how much time I put into teaching, seeing if I truly worked anything NEAR a 40 hour work week. After about 3.5 weeks and some 60+ hours logged each week after school and on weekends, I just gave the x-periment UP; too damned depressin'.

    You prolly can't do lo pay/lo stress indefinitely, but enjoy it while you gots the chance, trust me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home