About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, February 12, 2007
All Right All Ready!!
Here I am, sorry it's been awhile. Lots of stupid little things keeping me busy.
First, I gave Orange advise about using Flylady to neaten up his house. Well, I do her recommendation on and off...I decided that it was time to do it again. So, I've been tidying up the house (read as cleaning it within an inch of its life) It looks pretty good again. The baseboards are dust free, I am cutting through the clutter. It's not perfect, but it is better.

In my last post I promised in the comments to tell you about how my temper got the better of me...again. (sigh) Well, hubby and I had an argument...nothing big to him, but something that had been building up in me for quite some time. He did not realize how upset I was and made some comment as he walked out the back door to run something over to his ex-wife's house. Well I was making dinner and had a small glass dish in my hand mixing spices. When he made his comment I saw red. I threw the dish at the back door. Well, we now need a new door...





Oops...I didn't see that until later though. After I threw the dish I walked out the front door. I knew I needed to calm down and walking is the best way for me to do that. Hubby stuck his head out the door and told me to keep walking, that just made me angrier...so I did keep walking. It was snowing out and I didn't have a coat, purse or boots on. Just my fleece lined jeans, a sweatshirt and tennis shoes. I had $20 in my pocket so my first thought was to go to Herb's that is right around the corner from my house...it was closed. Damn...so I kept walking trying to think where I could go that I could calm down. Then it hit me...the pub! I know lots of people at the pub and they won't piss me off or judge me. They'll let me calm down in peace and then take me home if I needed a ride. Only one problem...it's a little less that 4 miles to the pub from my house. Well, I covered that distance in less than an hour. Her's a map of the route I took...


When I got there I called hubby and let him know where I was...I was pretty calm (and wet and tired) by the time I got there. I told him to come pick me up in an hour. After that we were able to talk, he realized exactly how upset I was.

Last little item for today's blog is I had a little accident today. No one here except Orange knows what the steps in my house are like...but they are the steps from hell. They are very narrow and very steep.

Well this morning after getting ready for work I was coming downstairs to get my lunch ready and I fell. Now I've fallen before, usually on my butt, and never gotten hurt. Today I got hurt. I never realized how many people you have to call when you get hurt like that.


I had to call a neighbor to take the kids to school, call hubby who was on his way to Albany, call work... and so on. Then I drove myself to the hospital. Mandy, who it turns out did not have school (due to a problem with the sprinklers) went with me. They were very quick and got me in and out with x-rays and everything. Turns out I didn't break anything, but they want me to leave this splint on until I go back for a follow up on Thursday.

What a pain in the ass!

posted by Raven @ 12:45 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At February 14, 2007 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    those steps were designed by Satan's Nephew and no mistake.

    As for throwing shit; that's why everything we eat off of is plastic or metal: the kids throw shit, we throw shit from the living room into the kitchen, etc. We've not gotten to the point we're throwing shit at EACH OTHER, but if we DO, I'll take pix as well.

    I keep telling you, snow will fuck with your head like that...

     
  • At February 14, 2007 10:01 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    Technically I didn't throw it at him...he was already out the door, there was no chance I was going to hit him. I just threw it at where he was. All those years on intermural softball teams gave me a great throwing arm.

     
  • At February 15, 2007 11:22 AM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said…

    Gracious!

     
  • At February 15, 2007 7:55 PM, Blogger Raven said…

    What was the gracious for? The throw? The steps? My mishap? For my poor beleagured husband? Let me know...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home