About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Monday, November 13, 2006
DINK's
Anyone remember that little nickname? Double income, no kids. That's is my sister and her husband. They are in their late twenties, early thirties. They have a beautiful house with very nice furniture. They have white walls, clean kitchen floors, and can actually drive into their garage.
We were over at their house after dinner on Saturday night for cake and ice cream. I, of course had 4 of my children with me. They all range in age from 15 to 13 and have a lot of energy. They weren't being bad, just moving around, throwing a stuffed dog toy back and forth, playing with the dog and so on. My sister looked like she was going to have a nervous breakdown. She had pretty knick-knacks on shelves, a vase sitting on a decorative table, and so on. The kids were just too much for such a confined area with such delicate things.
Having had my children early in life, I never really had things like that. When we buy a couch we look to see if it will survive children plopping on it for 5 years. Before I put something out I weight whether I will get upset with my son for doing a wrestling move on one of his sisters and breaking it.
Am a jealous of my sister's beautiful house and beautiful things...you betcha. My revenge? Knowing she will eventually have to put away many of those things...just about the time I can start putting them out! Hehehehehe!
posted by Raven @ 10:33 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At November 14, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said…

    Sheesh. My friends are DINKs. $90,000 a year between the two of them. They fight all the time and hate children, go to the gym religiously and are both control freaks.

    Not that all DINKs are like that... but these two... [Jas rolls his eyes]

    I just hope they remain DINKs and not affect anyone else in this world.

     
  • At November 14, 2006 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ha. everything we eat off of is plastic. Cups, bowls, plates-- EVERYTHING is plastic.

    We've just thrown away ANOTHER couch 'cuz it was peed on to the point the FRAME stunk.

    we need a set of shelves about 10" below the ceiling for all the shit we're constantly taking out of our kids hands.

    Sometimes I dream of what it'd be like to come home to a house where everything is just where I left it. After that I begin dreaming of driving south to the Keys to become a barfly and living on the beach. THAT makes me cheer up a bit.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home