About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Tuesday, February 14, 2006
Valentine's Day
Actually hubby and aren't celebrating until Friday, but I started to think this throught today and got a chuckle. Hubby and I are going out to dinner and to a play. This is the difference between men and women...
Celebrating Valentine's Day Expenditure of Time

Women...
Shopping for outfit...2 hours
Trying on different combinations of the two outfits you bought....1/2 hour
Shopping for accessories...1 hour
Getting Hair done...1 hour
Eyebrows waxed...1/4 hour
nails done...1 hour
shower and makeup...1 hour
Shopping for card... 1/4 hour
Putting together gift... 1 hour
making reservations for dinner...1/4 hour

Men...
Take shower...5 minutes
Put on suit, shoes, tie, cologne, and brush hair... 10 minutes
Call florist to deliver flowers...15 minutes
Get card...15 minutes

OK so I am spending 8 1/4 hours getting ready for this date and hubby is spending about 45 minutes. (sigh)
Very silly isn't it?
posted by Raven @ 10:49 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At February 18, 2006 10:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    the better question is how much time will the man lavish on the woman IN BED?? As Jeff Foxworthy says, "women are like deisel engines. They may take awhile to warm up, but once they're goin' they can go and go and GO!! Men, on the other hand, are like... bottle rockets! Fwoosh! POW!! ::zzzzzzz...::"

    As for V-day... well, hell, I think once you've got a passel of kids runnin' around, the whole thing looses it's appeal.

     
  • At February 19, 2006 10:17 AM, Blogger Raven said…

    Are you kidding me? With a whole passel of kids (how much is a passel by the way) running around, I take my Valentine's day very seriously. It is a time for adult conversation, adult activities, and so on. Hubby and I went to a very nice resturant, ordered a bottle!! Bottle of wine, not just a glass, and then went to the opera to see Romeo and Juliet. It was wonderful. The only other day I get like that a year is our anniversary. The rest of the time is dedicated to kids. I don't get those couple of days you might have to come visit me in the funny farm!

     
  • At February 19, 2006 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hmmm... we need a good babysitter...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home