About Me


Name: Raven
Home: Ohio, United States
About Me: Married, 2 kids, 3 step-kids, 3 cats and a mini-doxie
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
Places I Wander
Template by
Blogger templates
Wednesday, December 07, 2005
Seeing my face again
I mentioned a few months ago that I had started Weight Watchers to try and lose some weight. Well in the last couple of months I have lost a little over 20lbs. I have been working out some as well and because of this I have gone down from an 18W pant size to 14.
I am ecstatic. I am no where near my goal weight yet but I am very pleased. When I look in the mirror now I see my face again. Not this slightly bloated, fighting a second chin face. Not that my face is any great shakes, but I am very happy to see the thin version of it again.
Hubby has been doing Weight Watchers as well and has lost almost 45lbs in the same amount of time. I am very impressed with him and tell him so often. Many times while I'm flirting or making a pass at him.
The thing I like about Weight Watchers is that it is not so much a diet but teaches you about making the right choices and portion control. Thanks to their teaching I even managed to lose a pound over Thanksgiving without feeling like I gave up anything but an extra slice of cake.
This is starting to sound like a commercial. I just need to express how nice it was to look in the mirror and start seeing the me I remember.
posted by Raven @ 8:06 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At December 08, 2005 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I never thought I was EVER thin. Turns out, during college I was sho'nuff a hell of a lot thinner THEN than I am NOW.

    Weight Watchers, ay? OUR problem is $$$. Bad, fat-laiden food is cheap an' easy and we're often down to $20 or less by payday: healthy food is often beyond our means (I am now a bit of a conneseur of peant butter and ramen noodles: I can identify the slight differences between brands having eaten so damned much of the shit lately).

    TIME is the other problem: in addition to the $$$ required to join a club, it's still hard to find the TIME to even go for a WALK (though pushing a 25 lb. double stroller with a 40 lb. kid and 19 lb bay-bee sho' nuff can be a helluva workout). I typically work about 10 hours a day w/about an hour commute. When I come home mine goodwife is ready to kill the kids and so I take over. I'm sure there's some sort of way, short of her going on The Biggest Loser (which she's thought of applying to).

    Don't you have to PAY to use Weight Watchers? We'll have to check out their website...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home